Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southwestern 75 - Estill County 45
Final from Pulaski County

I've been gone all day so I don't have any stats for this game
Here are the stats I took:

EC 8 9 10 18 - 45
SW 18 21 14 14 - 75

ESTILL COUNTY (15-11): K. Flynn 26, Harris 7, Honchell 6, C. Flynn 5, Carter 1.

SOUTHWESTERN (19-7): Molden 18, Corder 16, Combs 14, Grant 13, Latham 7, Fitzgerald 2, Fothergill 2, Venable 2.
^
LOL, you took hunh??? LOL, yeah, you took them straight from Kentucky.com and edited them to your own. LOL, you even left the periods at the end of the score lines. LOL, nice one.

2/11/2012
Southwestern 75
Estill Co. 45
Estill Co. 8 9 10 18 45
Southwestern 18 21 14 14 75
At Pulaski Co.
Estill Co. (15-11) -- Ke. Flynn 26, Harris 7, Hounchell 6, Ka. Fylnn 5, Carter 1.
Southwestern (19-7) -- Molden 18, Corder 16, Combs 14, Grant 13, Latham 7, Fitzgerald 2, Fothergill 2, Venable 2.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/11/23/15374...rylink=cpy
Nah, I actually kept stats myself.
SK, here are some of the rebound stats: C. Flynn had 5, Harris had 4, K. Flynn had 4.

K. Flynn also went 9 of 17 at the free-throw line.

EC struggled in the 1st, they had 5 turnovers and just couldn't seem to get going.
They're usually good at the Free Throw line. Gonna have to make the Free-Throws is they wanna get by Powell in the first round of Districts
what was Estill from the free throw line? What about 3 point shooting?
At the free-throw line, EC went 15 of 30 from the line for 50%. Not for sure about %'s, but they made 4 3's in the game. SW made 7 3's. SW outrebounded EC, 35-20.
I hope the Ladies Can win the District Tournament this year. Gonna be a re-building year next year, Next Year's District should be Powell's to lose they return more talent then any other team in District but Next Year's District is at Estill so hopefully that will help the Lady Engineers
Honestly, I thought Estill County would make it a much closer game, but that didn't happen. No one showed up to play except Kennedy, and she fouled out with just under 3:00 left...but hopefully they will bounce back and make a nice postseason run.
that's unusual for Estill but at least this tournament was for a good cause. Estill loses Cassidy Flynn, Julia Harris, Chelsea Honchell (Best 3 pt shooter), you might not think that losing 3 players would hurt a team but when those players play a big role in your team's success, it hurts and takes a re-building year to get those type of players back
Estill didn't have that many players on the bench, so losing any player, especially with ones of their caliber, will definitely hurt them next year.
Congrats to southwestern