Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goodell: If NFL expands, it'll add two more teams
It’s no secret the NFL wants to expand to Los Angeles. And while so much of the attention has been focused on which franchise would relocate to L.A. -- whether it’s the Chargers, Vikings, Jaguars or Rams -- we haven’t discussed much the possibility of the NFL expanding.

Apparently, that’s an option.

Commissioner Roger Goodell said Thursday on Costas Live on the NBC Sports Network that if the league places a team in L.A., the NFL probably would add two more franchises to make it an even 34.

Goodell said the league "doesn't want to move any of our teams” and “we probably don’t want to go to 33” if the NFL decides expansion is a good choice.

The last time the NFL added an expansion team was the Texans in 2002 to move from 31 teams to 32. Goodell told Bob Costas that there is no timetable for putting a team back in L.A. for the first time since the Rams left for St. Louis and the Raiders returned to Oakland in 1994.

http://eye-on-football.blogs.cbssports.c...8/34676017
I definitely see Los Angeles beign one of the teams.

The second one is kind of a mystery. I wonder where they'd go? I hate all of this Europe talk and playing in London. I will hate the NFL if they try to go oversees.

San Jose, Hawaii?
I was under the impression that San Diego was close to moving to LA but it appears that may have changed.

If two teams are added LA will be on of them. I agree that I hate the overseas talk and even having a game there. Not sure I see the point. In thinking outside the box, I could see having a team from Canada. I think a few years back this was even discussed. The fan base is there with the CFL.
Louisville? ..................... Big Grin lol j/k
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nevada?
We don't need to expand, we need contraction: Let's kill off the Steelers and Cowboys!

[Image: http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9G...65D24MqIlw]

[Image: http://cdn3.staztic.com/screenshots/2-pi...t-11-1.jpg]
^
lol, or we could just get rid of all the teams who havent won a superbow :biggrin:

Las Vegas seems to be a good start.
^No. The NFL needs to keep the Bengals. Who is everyone going to laugh at every year if Goodell contracts the Bengals.
All seriousness, the NFL needs to go back to 28 teams. There are already too many teams in the NFL.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I hope it's Portland,Oregon or Another team in Texas.
Stardust...SMH
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
If we get another team in LA, then there DEFINITELY doesn't need to be another team located in Cali like in San Jose or something. I'd like to see one in Vegas, Salt Lake City, or Salem, Oregon..just not Portland. That's a horrible city..so nasty.
Los Angeles has had issues before with NFL teams, but I could see it work this time around. If they add 2 teams, I could see both teams being in LA.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:I hope it's Portland,Oregon or Another team in Texas.

That's what I was going to say. Take a serious look at Portland first then try Texas if the finances aren't there in Portland.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
LWC Wrote:Louisville? ..................... Big Grin lol j/k

that could work or even maybe Lexington or is Louisville and Lexington not big enough markets i remember when they were thinking an NBA franchise but an NFL team nice thought. what abt Las Vegas NV, Oklahoma City OK, Columbus OH, Omaha NE, Iowa City IA, Salt Lake City UT and maybe Birmingham or Tuscaloosa AL, or just the state of Alabama i know some of these are far fetched but hey its a thought and a good start. I would honestly like to see a team in Las Vegas and a team in Oklahoma City, im not too fond of the whole Los Angelas idea, I mean after all they already had two shots the raiders that went back to Oakland of all places and the Rams so why try again stay outta L.A.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It would be awesome to have a NFL team in Lexington! Commonwealth stadium is definitely big enough to house a NFL but, as exciting as that would be, I definitely do not see it happening.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
NFL is already too watered down, adding more teams will only make the bottom feeders worse!