Hunter Swindall 25 points
Lamont Wright 11 points
Zachary Tackett 8 points

For Pikeville:

Steven Silvers 15 points
Cody Charles 13 points
Blaine May 12 points
Ryder Johnson 9 points

*My statkeepers had to miss the game so I will post stats for both teams after I watch the game film.
Very tough played game could have went either way. Score was 45-44 with a minute to go. Dorton turned it over and had to foul. Pikeville did a good job making intended foul shots down the stretch. Everybody played for both teams most of the game. Ryder and Cody didn't start but were quickly brought in the game and played the rest of the way. Lamont Wright was sidelined due to fouls and fouled out in the fourth quarter. I thought the difference was Cody Mullins was not hitting the three point shots that he normally makes. I think Pikeville deserves a lot of credit for their defense. Good competitive game.
Swindall had a good game. He had a ton of offensive rebounds. Pikeville played well in spurts. They need to defend for twenty four minutes. Davis made a nice adjustment going to a box and chaser in second half. Good to see all five of the Pikeville starters on floor at same time. It has been a while.
How did the B-team game go.
Congrats Pikeville... Tough loss for Dorton... Pike County is wide open...
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:How did the B-team game go.

No B team game because this game was played before the JV and Varsity games between Pikeville and East Ridge tonight. Hopefully we can still get the B and C team games in with Pikeville on another day.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Final from Pikeville.

For Dorton:

Hunter Swindall 25 points
Lamont Wright 11 points
Zachary Tackett 8 points

For Pikeville:

Steven Silvers 15 points
Cody Charles 13 points
Blaine May 12 points
Ryder Johnson 9 points

*My statkeepers had to miss the game so I will post stats for both teams after I watch the game film.

For Dorton:

Hunter Swindall 25 points (10-12 field goals), 8 rebounds, 4 steals
Lamont Wright 11 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists
Zachary Tackett 8 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists
Cameron Bartley 4 rebounds
Noah Perkins 2 rebounds
Cody Mullins 1 assist

Team Stats
19-32 Two Point Field Goals (59%)
0-8 Three Point Field Goals (0%)
19-40 Total Field Goals (48%)
6-14 Free Throws (43%)
6 Assists
28 Rebounds (8 Offensive)
0 Charges Taken
18 Fouls
2 Blocks
7 Steals
20 Turnovers

For Pikeville:

Steven Silvers 15 points, 11 rebounds, 2 assists
Cody Charles 13 points, 6 rebounds, 3 steals
Blaine May 12 points, 4 steals
Ryder Johnson 9 points, 3 assists, 3 steals
Zach Thacker 2 rebounds
Tanner Thompson 2 steals, 1 rebound

Team Stats
9-30 Two Point Field Goals (30%)
4-8 Three Point Field Goals (50%)
13-38 Total Field Goals (34%)
19-26 Free Throws (73%)
6 Assists
25 Rebounds (7 Offensive)
1 Charge Taken
11 Fouls
1 Block
14 Steals
12 Turnovers

*The film ran out with just over 40 seconds left so I missed a rebound or two. I added in the free throws shot during that time and the 2 shots we shot that I remembered.
Stats tell the story, to many missed 3 point shots, too many turnovers, too many missed freethrows. Pikeville won all those battles and in the end won the war!
Turnovers, Free throws, and 0 three pointers killed Dorton... Dorton usually hits these threes...
Where is the county tournament this year?
Shelby Valley... that's what i heard.
5timechamp Wrote:Where is the county tournament this year?

Shelby Valley (Feb. 4th, 6th, and 8th)
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Shelby Valley (Feb. 4th, 6th, and 8th)
Yeah, I heard Phelps sold it to SV for 2000 bucks because they didn't feel like they could make any money on the tourney being at their place, and as it was explained to me, will be at the old Virgie high gym, not SV. Which sucks because parking is even worse there than at Phelps.
PHSForever Wrote:Yeah, I heard Phelps sold it to SV for 2000 bucks because they didn't feel like they could make any money on the tourney being at their place, and as it was explained to me, will be at the old Virgie high gym, not SV. Which sucks because parking is even worse there than at Phelps.

It is supposed to be at SV as far as was told at the tournament meeting.
Maybe NewO could shed some light on this.
It will be played at SV. It was bought in order to help the Phelps program generate money and too have a good location for travel and parking. With 6 teams being in the running this should be one of the best tournaments in a few years. A neutral site should ensure the best team will win it.. I am predicting Dorton,Johns Creek,Belfry and Pikeville in the final four.
Just came from a booster meeting at Valley and it will be at Shelby Valley.