Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kobe: CP3 and Rose only guys that have his edge
Kobe Bryant has never been shy. Not with the ball in his hands and not with his words. He tells it like it is, says what he means and is often a bit braggadocios with it, which obviously, he has reason to be.

Following the Lakers loss to the Clippers Saturday, Kobe paid Chris Paul, and Derrick Rose, about as high a compliment there is from the Black Mamba.

"He's a dog," Kobe told reporters. "He's going to fight to win, and not too many teams can deal with him.

"Chris Paul is really the only other guy in the league, other than Derrick Rose, who has also that competitive edge," he continued.

Notice the names missing from Kobe's list there. No LeBron James. No Dwyane Wade. No Kevin Durant. No Dirk Nowitzki. No Kevin Garnett. Nope, on Kobe's personal power rankings of players that possess the same competitive edge as him, it goes Kobe and then CP3 and Rose in some order.

That's just Kobe talking, which he likes to do. It's not a slight to the other players but more just something that shows the respect Kobe has for Rose and Paul. Still, it seems like quite an oversight to leave out players like Wade, Durant and Dirk.

And really, what exactly is that "competitive edge" that Kobe speaks of? What tells him that CP3 and Rose have it? What makes him think that those guys are on another level when it comes to wanting to win? It's just Kobe's opinion and he's more than entitled to that, but still, it's quite a thing to only put two players in your category in terms of competitiveness. Kobe wants to be Michael Jordan, who had a legendary amount of it. And only a couple others are in that territory, evidently.

http://eye-on-basketball.blogs.cbssports...4/34401302
This is why Kobe is a pure idiot! His wife is divorcing him because she could not longer stand the stupidity!
He knows who the REAL man is... D Rose!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Interesting how he puts the guys on his list that he has a history of beating. No D-Wade, Lebron and Dirk, all who have a history of beating his ass on the court whenever he faces them!
And all have a history of watching Kobe win rings from the couch.

Kobe is a prick and his mentality transfers onto the basketball court.
If it wasn't for that mentality he wouldn't be playing at the level he is right now at his age.

A reporter asked him how hard it was playing with his wrist after he hit the 40 point point mark for the 3rd time the other night. He said something like "I've been scoring 40 all week so that should answer all of the questions you can come up with about how my wrist is feeling"
zaga_fan Wrote:And all have a history of watching Kobe win rings from the couch.

Kobe is a prick and his mentality transfers onto the basketball court.
If it wasn't for that mentality he wouldn't be playing at the level he is right now at his age.

A reporter asked him how hard it was playing with his wrist after he hit the 40 point point mark for the 3rd time the other night. He said something like "I've been scoring 40 all week so that should answer all of the questions you can come up with about how my wrist is feeling"

:flame:
This is who Kobe is. He is bold. I would have to agree with him on this too. Most guys just simply don't have that superior edge that Kobe does.
Kobes gay.
Aslan Wrote:^How long did it take ya to come up with that one? Big Grin

2.5 second :biggrin:

Im sorry, let me say the politically correct term....

Kobe's a homosexual