Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne 69 - Pikeville 50 ( 15th Region All A )
Commanche Wrote:Agree with almost all of your post, except the highlighted portion.

You of all people have been close to the situation and know my previous post is accurate. The reason they dont look to score is it keeps them on the floor. Put up a couple shots and you are gone if they dont fall. If they fall you might get to stay in. My point is, it is easier to do nothing than get pulled for taking a 12 footer. It has happened for years and it will happen as long as the coaches take this approach. I dont have anything to grind, just wandering why PHS never has any talent LEFT by the time a class make it to seniors? My point is that the coaches should quit blaming it on less talent and evaluate there own philosiphies.
I can somewhat agree and also somewhat disagree. But I think we will both stay with our own opinions so no point getting any deeper into it. Other than to say that it happens at every level, different players have different leashes on offense. But, that should not stop an individual from taking SMART shots.

As for the other part, it happens at every school. In grade school and middle school, it is pretty much the best athlete is the best player. As the grades continue to advance it becomes less about just sheer athletic ability and a little more specialized. There is not a need for 8 2-guards on a team, just is how it is. One or two at a position will be selected early and it probably does help if they specialize. It is not feasible to have a team that would include all the players from those Jr. High teams. You would have a 24 man team. It is not a fun thing to be cut, I obviously know about it first hand. But those decisions have to be made. You have to try to find a 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 and then you need to find some quality depth. I've said it before, unless you just really love the game of basketball and are okay with playing limited minutes, sometimes it may be for the better to not play. It frees up time and allows you to focus on improving other aspects of your life be it athletically or academically. Everyone is trying to win and keep their job. The decisions made are made to win. Sometimes they don't work out, sometimes they do work out. If they eventually do not work out enough, then things will happen.
Hillbilly Heartthrob Wrote:In the game I seen coach Newsome yell at his boys to get back on D after a change of possession, He simply motivated those boys. I just see no motivation by Pikeville's side, Pikeville got caught looking on a lot of BL's offensive drives.
I agree. Pikeville looked a little sluggish at times. They failed to get a lot of 50/50 balls that you need to win games. Just not a good night. Gotta regroup and bounce back as district play is now here.

Go Panthers!
thunderkat Wrote:A win over Pikeville Panthers.......................... Good luck Bobcats against the wildcats.... The look on Pikeville fans was priceless tonight.

He he. Know the feeling kat. Saw the same look on BL. fan's faces in 2010 after the Panthers whipped the bobcats at Hillard Howard field.................
priceless!!
What region did the 15th boys draw? Is it the same as the girls or no?
McCameraMan Wrote:What region did the 15th boys draw? Is it the same as the girls or no?

BL will be playing the winner of the 1st region..
^Thanks pal
Pikeville out coached again What a surprise.
fred taylor Wrote:Pikeville out coached again What a surprise.
Have you ever had a post where you didn't slam Pikeville? Honest question.
all i ever slam is pikeville basketball. when they get a coach that treats the players fair i might become a fan again.
Players win them and Coaches lose them. :igiveup::biglmao:
fred taylor Wrote:all i ever slam is pikeville basketball. when they get a coach that treats the players fair i might become a fan again.
Then why don't you support the KIDS and just slam the coach instead of slamming the whole program? If you are a true fan of Pikeville, you would be supporting the kids that are playing, irregardless of how you feel about the coach. Lord knows there have been coaches I didn't like, but I still always supported the teams. You're nothing more than a fair-weather fan, IMO.
PHSForever Wrote:Then why don't you support the KIDS and just slam the coach instead of slamming the whole program? If you are a true fan of Pikeville, you would be supporting the kids that are playing, irregardless of how you feel about the coach. Lord knows there have been coaches I didn't like, but I still always supported the teams. You're nothing more than a fair-weather fan, IMO.

Agree P.H.S. Sounds like fair weather fan to me.