Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashalnd vs. Fairview. 64th. District Tourney. Final
Well,this should be a awesome game.I`m sure Ashland would like some revenge for the loss to Fairview in Dec.And Fairview would like to prove that win was no fluke.Both teams are well matched.What are your thoughts?
I have to go with Fairview because they have more established inside game and have very good guard play. Then on the other hand I never thought that Ashland would be there so Ashland is Ashland and is on a roll.
This should be a good one. Ashland has won seven in a row, and they are looking to go above .500 for the first time this season. Fairview continues to play well and they played outstanding against Boyd the other night. Both teams have something to prove in this game, and I think this one will come down to who wants it more. For Ashland to win Matt Thomas and Drew McDavid will need to have a big game, and the supporting cast will have to play well and provide a spark also. The Eagles shoot well from the field (48.4%) and they're unselfish on offense, so Ashland will have to be ready defensively. Hopefully Ashland will be able to force some turnovers. One key part of the game will be free throw shooting, which is a strength for Fairview. The Eagles shoot 74% as a team from the line (very impressive), and they are second in the state in that category. Ashland can shoot from the free throw line as well, and their free throw shooting has improved as the year has gone on, but they'll need to shoot better than the 55% (23/42) they shot against Rose Hill, and they can't miss 19 free throws in the fourth quarter like they did in that game either.

I think this one will come down to the fourth quarter, and it could end up going longer. It should be an exciting championship game. Good luck to both teams.

My prediction:
Ashland 58
Fairview 56
I say Ashland has a little revenge look at it this way, Russell dominated ashland at home so what does ashland do come back at their place with a last second tip in. Boyd dominates ashland at home but again they come to boyd and dominate them back. So it all falls in order an the good ole tomcat hype will be present and I say tomcats come out fighting and playing for they are gauranteed a spot in the regional tourney but it will fill good to win the district back. I think this game will be like the Lawerence county and Ashland game from a year ago good luck to all and lets go tomcats!
well this should be a good realy good game ashland has improved alot in this season they went from being one of the worst teams in the region to haveing the chance of being distric/region champs.
my perdiction is
ashland 47
fariview 44

good luck t-cats