Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Love is the Key
One of John Calipari's strongest statements about his teams is that they have to love each other and care about other, not themselves, but ultimately everyone else.

Calipari has said several times that this team loves each other. Here is his quote after the North Carolina win:

"Look, I've got good players. We're young and we're inexperienced, but I've got really good players. I like my team. But more importantly, they love each other. You notice, Eloy (Vargas) helped us today, Kyle (Wiltjer) helped us today, and the other six played the majority of the minutes. That's a happy locker room in there today."

The next weekend, Kentucky goes down to Indiana on their first true road test, and one of the most important members of the team doesn't show up at all.

Terrence Jones, and I am quoting Dick Vitale, ""He looked like something was bothering him. He looked totally not into the game. I've been doing games for 33 years. I can't ever remember a great player in a game where I ever had to talk about (not) playing hard. I've had guys have bad games."

There has been speculation out the wazoo of what was wrong with Terrence Jones this past Saturday, but I am over his individual performance at Indiana.

I am worried about if this team really loves each other or not.

If you look back at the 1996 championship team, a team with 9 future NBA players, there was a love for each other.

I believe Antoine Walker summed it up the best, “We all just loved to be around each other, We would go out and do everything together. That’s very hard in college. Everybody has their own thing going on. That team, from Freshman to Senior, all hung together. You need that if you want to compete for a title.”

There have been several instances where this team has given examples that they are not following Walker's theory of all hanging together.

The first example is Thanksgiving when Coach Cal invited the entire team to his house for dinner.
The night before Doron Lamb said in the post-Radford interview that he and Marquis Teague were going to Louisville to eat dinner with Twany Beckham.

Terrence Jones tweeted that he went to Maysville and ate with Darius Miller's family.
I understand guys having friends within the team, but am I the only one to think it would be more important to all eat together when the coach invites them to his house?

My next example is at the UK Hoops/Duke game in Rupp Arena. Many of the Men's players were in attendance at the game but they were noticeably sitting on opposite side of the floor and not together.

My final example is the White Boy Academy. Kyle Wiltjer, Jarrod Polson, Jon Hood, and a couple of other guys that aren't on the team seem like they always hang out with each other. I have never seen these guys hanging out with anyone else. Heck, there is video evidence.

Am I making something out of nothing? Maybe, but the way Terrence Jones played vs. Indiana has me wondering what is going on with this team.

Terrence wasn't hurt physically, but he really looked like something was bothering him emotionally or mentally that made him totally tank in Bloomington.

I can never remember a player of his caliber not even trying in a game that had the hype of the Indiana game.

If this team truly loved and cared about each other, does one of the top players on the team and the nation basically quit on his teammates?

Antoine Walker might have a lot of problems and has made a ton of poor decisions since he has left Kentucky, but his quote about getting along on and off the court is something this team needs to read and listen to.

Till this team learns to be their brother's keeper there is a distinct possiblity this could be a season with a ton of promise that could go right down the drain.

http://www.nationofblue.com/could-love-k...cky-10128/
^ HOLY SHIT !

Signature Is BEast!
So where was the "Terrence is a Selfish M****** F******". He basically said it without the words coming out of his mouth!!!
If love is the key then I feel sorry for uk! The players doesn't like each other and I think that's obvious! I mean could you love been around tjones and lamb? IMO 2 of the biggest pricks in the state!