Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Washington, PA 56 Pikeville 53 (EQT Energy Classic Pittsburgh, PA)
Final from Pittsburgh.

Panthers led most of the way but could not hold on down the stretch. Hope the Panthers can win out in the consolation bracket and finish 2-1 in the tourney!
Good game Panthers!
hay I posted about Washington in an earlier Pikeville/Powell thread . Washington is one of the weakest teams there . Now what do ya think .
^ Maybe Washington isn't that weak anymore????
Stardust Wrote:^ Maybe Washington isn't that weak anymore????
maybe , but they was weak last year ranked very low @ 600 + . But someone said in an early Pike/Powell thread that Pikeville was good this year for beating little ol Powell Cty by so much . And now weak Washington beat them . Wait and see if the coach can get them ready for March to do that to a powerhouse or even your 59 dist teams . Thats your test . Your district first .
bluebloodedcatfan Wrote:hay I posted about Washington in an earlier Pikeville/Powell thread . Washington is one of the weakest teams there . Now what do ya think .
HAve you seen them play? I doubt it. You're just basing it on some Rivals or whatever ranking. They are one of the smallest AAA schools in Pennsylvania, but as I understand it, traditionally are fairly strong in basketball. Not a powerhouse, but Since you like rankings so much, I just looked at Highschoolsports.com and they are ranked 36th in the state there. Not too bad. Pennsylvania overall traditionally has good solid basketball.

They also returned 4 starters from last year and PHS returned 2. Pikeville also has at least 3 players who just came over from football. They will be fine as the season wears on. We haven't even played Powell County in a regular season game yet, preseason scrimmage means NOTHING. I think what that poster on the other thread meant was, it was real good that they scored 90+ points in a scrimmage, shows the potential is there for a good offense. We lost a lot from last year and will be a good team, I have no illusions that we are an all world team right now, but will be tough as the season goes on.
Good game Panthers. Sounds like the game could have gone either way, but stay focused.
It is really sickening to read how much hatred there is for young kids from Pikeville who have no idea why. I can not understand why people cannot be objective, and let the kids enjoy the game. If these Pikeville teams are as bad as it is said, I truly do not understand how they have won 108 games the past 5 years. Then I read from some last year how bad Shelby Valley was, then they win the region. Shelby Valley District runner-up and region winner. Pikeville District winner and region runner- up. The Valley a great record and Pikeville a very good record for these teams the past 5 years. No way to justify slamming any of these kids or coaches. I am very proud of the way all our teams in the 15th compete. And wish the best to each of them.