• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay County 57 Whitley County 53
Final

12/8/2011Clay Co. 57Whitley Co. 53

Clay Co.

10 6 21 20 57

Whitley Co.

14 13 13 13 53

Clay Co. (3-0) -- Mitchell 19, Smith 6, Chestnut 8, Madden 20, Robinson 1.Whitley Co. (4-1) -- Powers 4, Smith 15, Craig 7, Johnson 5, Anderson 7, Dingess 15

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/11/23/15374...z1g17mWoVy
What a game.
I must say congrats Clay and Mitchell is a heck of a player.
Smith got her points for Whitley at 15.

Whitley was up 27-16 at the half, but clay did what good teams do and adjusted to Whitleys defense in the second half and really outplayed us.

I knew Whitley was going to be good this year with a young team but i really didnt expect us to be hanging with Clay, who is the clear number 1 in the region like they have been now for years, but Whitley is definitely a strong number 2 and these two are way ahead of everyone else IMHO.

I actually thought Whitley might run Clay out of the gym at halftime, but Clay did good at keeping there cool and coming back.

I wouldnt be surprised to see these two battling it out for a region championship come tourney time.
Congrats Lady Tigers. Whitley Co. will be the team to beat them in this region if anyone does.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:What a game.
I must say congrats Clay and Mitchell is a heck of a player.
Smith got her points for Whitley at 15.

Whitley was up 27-16 at the half, but clay did what good teams do and adjusted to Whitleys defense in the second half and really outplayed us.

I knew Whitley was going to be good this year with a young team but i really didnt expect us to be hanging with Clay, who is the clear number 1 in the region like they have been now for years, but Whitley is definitely a strong number 2 and these two are way ahead of everyone else IMHO.

I actually thought Whitley might run Clay out of the gym at halftime, but Clay did good at keeping there cool and coming back.

I wouldnt be surprised to see these two battling it out for a region championship come tourney time.

I agree that Clay Co. and Whitley Co. probably are the best two teams in the region right now.

However, I strongly disagree with the statement that they are "way ahead of everybody else". Last night was the first time I have seen Harlan Co. play this year and this may be Coach Nolan's best team in this, the fourth year of the school since consolidation.

They still have the post presence with Carroll and Evans, but this year, they can flat out shoot the outside shot. Some may think this is a long shot, but after seeing them in person, I think Harlan Co. is a solid #2 in a tie with Whitley Co. at this point. In other words, if these two teams played at Whitley, I think Whitley would probably win by 4-8 pts. but if the two played at Harlan Co., I think HC would win by the same margin. However, I guess we shall see as the season progresses.

Congratulations to Coach Anderson though. He's one of the nicest guys in the region and he's been doing this a long time. If his team represents the region in Bowling Green this year, it couldn't happen to a classier guy!
I don't agree with Whitley County being the best team.. Clay County is still the best team in the region until someone in the region beat them
Makes you wonder if Madden hadnt transferred to Clay, how the region would have looked.
wildcats fan Wrote:I don't agree with Whitley County being the best team.. Clay County is still the best team in the region until someone in the region beat them

Who said they were?