Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Ridge 46 - Pike Central 35
While Kasango might be a little mouthy, I don't think it was too bad. Hell I kinda like it! I've noticed that in basketball the dude who starts stuff doesn't get the T, the one who retaliates always does. If he can get one of those big mean holler-boys in the post a little pissed off, he can stand at the free throw line all night and take shots.
HawksRule Wrote:I was told he was a junior by someone from east ridge. I do think the kid has limitless potential to be 6'8 and shoot the ball the way he does. He has a good shot and plenty of hops to go along with it. Im just giving constructive critism here saying he needs to improve on not taking plays off and his control of himself. He tries moves which he can do but he just can't land them all night long. Im no college scout or anything though. The only thing that really bothered me was his lack of effort on some plays. He wouldn't even put his hands up on some plays or even attempt to block or rebound.

Yeah, that guy is wrong, I talk to Ray and Tony everyday.He's technically a junior right now, but he is class of 2014, which means he'll graduate with Tony Wolter and the rest of this year's Sophomores. It's because of his Canadian credits switching over to Pike County....I had the same problem with California.

Ya never know, could've been sick or something. Or just knew the game was over. Regardless, he needs to fix that, and from the convo's I had with him, he is working on fixing it right now and we will soon see the difference.
Hopefully everyone on the team can learn to throw it up to him, he can go get it.
Ray is a supremely talented basketball player. You have to understand he is a transfer, with completely new teammates, coaching staff, and ultimately lifestyle. I've watched him play as well and I did notice several aspects in his game that he can improve upon. However, the kid has a world of potential and once he becomes adjusted, which I believe he will, he will truly be a force to be reckoned with. But, back to the topic. Congrats to ER on the road win, keep working hard and improving!
I am from the Millard area and East Ridge will not make it out of the district.
Mark it down
EasyMoney Wrote:I am from the Millard area and East Ridge will not make it out of the district.
Mark it down

kk
Going to sit back and see how these two teams fare during the season and want a ticket for the rematch.
Yeah, I too was at the game, and in defense of PCC,"almost" the whole second half was played with four freshman, and the eight grader that started the game, ER, does have what appeared to be an average team, only problem with Kasongo, too big of a guy to not play in the paint, the majority of his points come on slow developing 3 point shots, just appeared to need a ton of time to shoot his "Set-Shot", PCC, forced some turnovers, however Kasongo, provided several on his own, needs a lot of work in the hands area, and when he did get a rebound, has a habit bringing the ball down for the eight grader strip him? JMO???
Who is in PCC's starting lineup?