Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(3) Oklahoma State 44 - (10) Oklahoma 10
Final
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Aslan Wrote:Oklahoma beats OK State, so let's get that out of the way.
IMO Bama does not get a second shot at LSU. They had their chance, it's somebody else's turn. Stanford or Oklahoma. Don't matter, neither one of them is beating LSU. Probably Stanford though because they still have a shot at going undefeated.

?
This one was never close.
The TD by OU came in garbage time.
Do you guys think that this could be enough for OK to jump Bama.
I know it will be enough to keep them at 3 in the BCS and to jump them up to at least 3 in the human polls as well.
Plus all the voters who don't want the SEC to have two teams in the title game have a Dark Horse to vote for.

If they wouldn't have lost to Iowa State it would be unanimous....
but EVERY game counts Smile

suckers lol
^ And.... A loss to an Iowa St. looks bad, thus no way do they deserve to jump Bama IMO!
No way their jumping Bama!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Stardust Wrote:^ And.... A loss to an Iowa St. looks bad, thus no way do they deserve to jump Bama IMO!

Spud6 Wrote:No way their jumping Bama!

I agree! IMO, Alabama is better and I know Alabama would beat Oklahoma St!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Stardust Wrote:^ And.... A loss to an Iowa St. looks bad, thus no way do they deserve to jump Bama IMO!

I will say that Bama should go to the national title game, but OKSU has more wins against top 10 opponents and that loss was on the same day of the girls basketball coaches death which did affect the coaches greatly. I wouldnt be surprised if the voters take that into consideration.
^Good point! Didn't think of that. But to me, Bama would be such a greater opponent to LSU.
#BBFL
Being wrong is the best.
But OK St shouldn't jump Alabama. I don't care the circumstances, they lost to Iowa St.
Skip Bayless said OK St could score at least 30 on LSU. I'd be surprised if they scored double digits.
Aslan Wrote:Being wrong is the best.
But OK St shouldn't jump Alabama. I don't care the circumstances, they lost to Iowa St.
Skip Bayless said OK St could score at least 30 on LSU. I'd be surprised if they scored double digits.

No way
#BBFL
Ok State should jump Bama. Will they? No. That's the problem. Bama doesn't even win their division in their conference, nor do they play for their conference title but they still get a shot to play for the National Championship? Ok State loses only one game as well, then goes on to destroy a top ten ranked team in their conference championship.

Bama is no doubt the second best team in the nation. I just dont see how they should get a bid over another team with just as many loses who won their conference.

This is why the BCS is total bullshit. A playoff of the top eight teams would be more than enough.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
Aslan Wrote:Stoops says he will vote LSU 1, OSU 2.

He would lol
Title game is set...
LSU and BAMA!

However, the Cowboys jumped Bama in the computer rankings.
But the human polls and voting gave the edge to the Tide.
I would have thought it would have been the other way around.

And OK State would ABSOLUTELY score double digits on Bama or LSU.
But they would NOT be able to stop either teams running game.
zaga_fan Wrote:Title game is set...
LSU and BAMA!

However, the Cowboys jumped Bama in the computer rankings.
But the human polls and voting gave the edge to the Tide.
I would have thought it would have been the other way around.

And OK State would ABSOLUTELY score double digits on Bama or LSU.
But they would NOT be able to stop either teams running game.

What, TEN points as your double figures!!! No freaking way they score! This game has already been played in history and the BIG scoring teams never come out looking good. OK St. is the 1993 Miami Hurricanes. LSU/Bama is the 1993 Crimson Tide. The Canes were one the the most prolific scoring teams in history, the Tide was one of the best defenses in history. Everyone expected the Hurricanes to blow the doors off of the Tide.

That game ended 34-13 Bama. The Bama D completely dominated that game and embarassed the Canes for years to come! OK St. is not nearly as good as that Miami team offensively, not even close athletically. But this years Tigers and Tide are probably better than the '93 Tide defensively.
Stardust Wrote:What, TEN points as your double figures!!! No freaking way they score! This game has already been played in history and the BIG scoring teams never come out looking good. OK St. is the 1993 Miami Hurricanes. LSU/Bama is the 1993 Crimson Tide. The Canes were one the the most prolific scoring teams in history, the Tide was one of the best defenses in history. Everyone expected the Hurricanes to blow the doors off of the Tide.

That game ended 34-13 Bama. The Bama D completely dominated that game and embarassed the Canes for years to come! OK St. is not nearly as good as that Miami team offensively, not even close athletically. But this years Tigers and Tide are probably better than the '93 Tide defensively.

We'll never know Wink

First off...
13 points qualifies as double-digits
So that entire spill is invalid.
I never once said that Ok State would beat either LSU or Bama so erase that thought from your mind if it's there.

Secondly...
stats from 1993 have nothing to do with any of this.
If you want to bring some up though...
we'll do that.
1993 Hurricanes team averaged 30.8 ppg
2011 Cowboys average 49.3 ppg
Which btw the Miami team from 1993 only scored more than 49 points(Ok State's average) one time in 12 games.

Maybe it's the schedule that allows this large disparity that threatens the legitimacy of your claims....
Here is Miami's powerhouse ACC schedule. Wins only
Iowa - 5-7
Florida A&M - (I didn't feel like looking up a div 1-AA school's record)
Arizona - 6-5-1
FSU - 11-1
Penn State - 7-5
TCU - 2-8-1
Va Tech - 2-8-1
WVU - 5-4-2
Temple - 1-10
Cuse - 10-2
SD State - 5-5-1

Here is OK State's
La Lafayette - 8-4
Arizona - 4-8
Tulsa - 8-4
Texas A&M - 6-6
Kansas - 2-10
Texas - 7-5
Mizz - 7-5
Baylor - 9-3
K State - 10-2
Tex Tech - 5-7
Okla - 9-3

I can promise you there isn't a DB on BAMA or LSU's roster that could cover Blackmon 1-on-1.
Their O-line is good. QB is good. They have a handful of good backs.
They may run the spread, but they have an offense that could score in the SEC. I guarantee they would put up more points on LSU or Bama than each of those teams put on each other the first time around.
I'm pretty sure that Saben and Miles would know better than to leave Blackmon with just single coverage, lol.
College football has completely changed since 1993. Besides Alabama, they still run the ball and play defense, lol.
zaga_fan Wrote:We'll never know Wink

First off...
13 points qualifies as double-digits
So that entire spill is invalid.
I never once said that Ok State would beat either LSU or Bama so erase that thought from your mind if it's there.

Secondly...
stats from 1993 have nothing to do with any of this.
If you want to bring some up though...
we'll do that.
1993 Hurricanes team averaged 30.8 ppg
2011 Cowboys average 49.3 ppg
Which btw the Miami team from 1993 only scored more than 49 points(Ok State's average) one time in 12 games.

Maybe it's the schedule that allows this large disparity that threatens the legitimacy of your claims....
Here is Miami's powerhouse ACC schedule. Wins only
Iowa - 5-7
Florida A&M - (I didn't feel like looking up a div 1-AA school's record)
Arizona - 6-5-1
FSU - 11-1
Penn State - 7-5
TCU - 2-8-1
Va Tech - 2-8-1
WVU - 5-4-2
Temple - 1-10
Cuse - 10-2
SD State - 5-5-1

Here is OK State's
La Lafayette - 8-4
Arizona - 4-8
Tulsa - 8-4
Texas A&M - 6-6
Kansas - 2-10
Texas - 7-5
Mizz - 7-5
Baylor - 9-3
K State - 10-2
Tex Tech - 5-7
Okla - 9-3

I can promise you there isn't a DB on BAMA or LSU's roster that could cover Blackmon 1-on-1.
Their O-line is good. QB is good. They have a handful of good backs.
They may run the spread, but they have an offense that could score in the SEC. I guarantee they would put up more points on LSU or Bama than each of those teams put on each other the first time around.

I can PROMISE you that OK St. would get run off the field because they could NOT score in the SEC. The Disparity in Alabama and LSU's defenses versus OSU and the defenses they have played against is bigger than night and day. OSU would find themselves on the end of a 30 point blowout loss. To be an open offense fits the style of play that would hurt them the most, because the more often they pass, the more often they turn the ball over! This is not even a game!
Aslan Wrote:Being wrong is the best.

Just another reason why Skip Bayless is the biggest jackass on ESPN.
The SEC is the premiere conference for holding the top offenses in the nation to single digits in the title game!

2010 BCS Championship
Auburn 22 Oregon 19

2009 BCS Championship
Alabama 37 Texas 21(with heisman finalist QB on the sidelines)

2008 BCS Championship
Florida 24 Oklahoma 14

2007 BCS Championship
LSU 38 OSU 24

2006 BCS Championship
Florida 41 OSU 14
zaga_fan Wrote:The SEC is the premiere conference for holding the top offenses in the nation to single digits in the title game!

2010 BCS Championship
Auburn 22 Oregon 19

2009 BCS Championship
Alabama 37 Texas 21(with heisman finalist QB on the sidelines)

2008 BCS Championship
Florida 24 Oklahoma 14

2007 BCS Championship
LSU 38 OSU 24

2006 BCS Championship
Florida 41 OSU 14

All i took away from this post is that the SEC is 5-0 in these last five NC games lol.
Aslan Wrote:Only one of those teams was close to 30 though. Bottom line, all those games were wins, and only one of those games was close.

I never said anything about 30 points.
I said double digits.
and I also never said the game would be close.
I said double digits.

Smile