Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineville 59 - Whitley County 54
12/1/2011
Pineville 59
Whitley Co. 54
Pineville 17 9 15 18 59
Whitley Co. 13 17 10 14 54
Pineville (1-1) -- Philpot 11, Collett 18, Jeffrey 11, Skinner 8, Simpson 11.
Whitley Co. (0-2) -- Couch 8, Petri 7, Powers 16, Z. Rutherford 11, Hale 4, D. Rutherford 8.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2009/12/02/10403...z1fLM0FJLG
Gonna be a long year...
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Gonna be a long year...
I agree, but as long as Whitley County Administration puts all of their support into football and use the band aid theory of hiring and supporting coaches in basketball it will never change. Whitley had a good coach and would not support him so he left. You make your bed you have to sleep in it!!!!!!
Congrats Pineville!
who was the coach that left?
Not trying to take anything away from Pineville but, I didn't realize that Whitley Co was down this much!

Congrats Lions!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
OutsideLookingIn Wrote:I agree, but as long as Whitley County Administration puts all of their support into football and use the band aid theory of hiring and supporting coaches in basketball it will never change. Whitley had a good coach and would not support him so he left. You make your bed you have to sleep in it!!!!!!

Im not disagreeing with you.
Ive been around the program more than anybody else that ive ever seen on this site, and its just the way its always been.
Since 1998 or 1999, i think we've had atleast 5 or 6 coaches. Mike Maxey, Duke Combs, Brian Evans, Darrell Guffey, Mike Deaton, Chris Baker and now Jerry Overbey.
We wont ever get better in basektball going through coaches like this and hiring ones that arent good coaches that can get the right kids out to play.
Whitley is definitely a football school or atleast since the 80's, which doesnt bother me to be honest, however, its a shame a 5A school with 1200 kids cant beat little brother Corbin every year with 500 kids. Heck, we havent even beat Corbin in basketball since 94 i think, and thats playing them 2 or 3 times a year.
Which Corbin has a good program and always has and puts the right guys in there and gets the players from whereever they can find them, but it still shouldnt happen.
Its clear this time we went for the guy we knew wouldnt ever quit or leave to take another job and thats fine in our administrations eyes, but its definitely not gonna win us ball games having a girls assistant coach as our boys head coach, not that it matters.
Ill just wait until football season rolls around, or until we get some of these good transfers these other schools are getting.
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Not trying to take anything away from Pineville but, I didn't realize that Whitley Co was down this much!

Congrats Lions!

In Whitley's defense, we lost a lot fo good talented seniors to graduation.
Whitley should have won this region last year and should have beaten Corbin, but it didnt happen.
I think if you take last years group and play them under Pietrowski at Corbin they would have beaten the same Corbin team they lost to and probably would have beaten them all 3 times they played.