Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(2) Kentucky 88 - Radford 40
Final
anybody got any stats on this game?
I fell asleep watching this lol
Borring game! lol UK dominated every aspect.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
comeback_kidxXx Wrote:anybody got any stats on this game?

Jones had 17 points, 8 rebounds and 3 blocks.
Kidd-Gilchrist had 15 points, 9 rebounds, and 3 steals.
Teague had 13 points, 5 assists, 3 rebounds, 2 steals, and 1 block.
Davis had 12 points, 6 rebounds, 4 blocks.
Lamb had 10 points and 5 rebounds.
Wiltjer had 9 points, 8 rebounds, 2 blocks, 2 steals, and 2 assists.
Miller had 6 points, 3 steals, and 2 rebounds.
Vargas had 4 points and 4 rebounds.
Malone had 2 points and 2 rebounds.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Everybody played well. I think Wiltjer stopped asking the question, "What is defense, Coach?" and actually played some of that for the first time in his adult life tonight.
Can't wait till uk starts playing some "big boy" teams instead of the grade school teams they have been steam rolling. 40-0 makes me laugh.
WoJo Wrote:Can't wait till uk starts playing some "big boy" teams instead of the grade school teams they have been steam rolling. 40-0 makes me laugh.

last time I checked Kentucky beat Kansas by 10 and could have been worse, Duke had there handsful with the Jayhawks and barely won. Both were on a netural court
WoJo Wrote:Can't wait till uk starts playing some "big boy" teams instead of the grade school teams they have been steam rolling. 40-0 makes me laugh.

We coasted and beat that Kansas team worse than Duke did.

Least we've cruised in our games. Your Duke team has had rough games more than once if my memory serves me right.

Smile
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Marquis Teague had probably his best game yet, he only turned the ball over 3 times and that's pretty acceptable for a PG.

Game Ball.
ballers - Miller did not put up 40 Sad
^ Yes
For fans of competitive basketball, Kentucky's 88-40 victory over Radford Wednesday night made tryptophan seem like a stimulant. Instead of feasting on Thanksgiving turkey, the Cats gorged themselves on the lowly Highlanders.
No. 2 Kentucky (5-0) either took a step toward displaying the kind of toughness Coach John Calipari ordered on Tuesday or simply couldn't avoid beating the holiday stuffing out of Radford.
Calipari suggested it was a psychic tonic for a young team after the ups (Penn State) and downs (Old Dominion) of last weekend.
"We play Penn State, we're world beaters," he said. "We're beating anybody. Where's the Lakers? Then you go to (the Old Dominion game), and you're like, 'Oh, my gosh, we're not very good' and 'I'm not very good,' and 'What is wrong with me?' You want them to play well."
Terrence Jones, who led UK with 17 points, noted the value of self-esteem. "Confidence is everything," he said.
Radford (3-4) saw its all-time record against ranked opponents fall to 0-14. The average margin of defeat going into the UK game was 32.5 points.
For the third time in five games, five UK players scored double-digit points. Michael Kidd-Gilchrist added 15, Marquis Teague 13, Anthony Davis 12 and Doron Lamb 10.
Freshman Sam Malone may have had the game's most memorable play. He dribbled down on the fast-break, stutter-stepped by Radford's Brian Darden and scored on a layup with 1:29 left.
"That was the best play of the game," Jones said. "He definitely has some confidence right now."
Radford narrowly avoided becoming only the fifth UK opponent in Rupp Arena history to fail to score 40 points. The Highlanders got there on Jareal Smith's three-point play with 42.5 seconds left.
With Kentucky ahead 45-14 at halftime, Radford had to go on a relative scoring burst to avoid setting a Rupp Arena record for futility. The standing record for fewest points scored by a UK opponent in Rupp Arena remained the 32 posted by Morehead State on Dec. 16, 1995.
Radford turned over the ball on its first five possessions and didn't hit the rim with a shot until 17:19 remained in the half.
Meanwhile, Kentucky sputtered a bit at the start (six of 17 shooting in the opening 10 minutes) yet still led 14-0. That's when Radford finally scored on a Blake Smith jumper — heavily contested by Jones — at the 10:24 mark.
Radford scored on back-to-back possessions only once en route to a six-for-34 shooting half.
Guard Jareal Smith, an all-tournament selection in what could be called the lower bracket of the Hall of Fame Tip-Off Classic last weekend in Connecticut, missed his four shots in a scoreless first half.
Kentucky seemed intent to establish Jones in the low post to start the game. He scored from there on UK's first two possessions. On the third trip downcourt, he missed from the post.
Kentucky outscored Radford 28-8 from the paint in the first half. A part of that was a 12-2 advantage in points off turnovers.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2011/11/24/19711...z1ecKsw7LT
Stardust Wrote:ballers - Miller did not put up 40 Sad

He's got 35 more games to do it in.. lol