Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nky football
birdman44 Wrote:about the whole city vs county schools argument. I can feel for both sides.
I think its just apples and oranges.
Yeah we have more people. but we have more teams.
I dont think that it is impossible for mountain teams to win state, they have in the past.
I do think that it is easier for city kids to make the year-round 24/7 commitment to football.
County schools do have a disadvantage, but what is the solution?

Actually, going by population(using LWC's comparison again), the Mountain Counties have roughly double the amount of high school football teams that the three NKY counties have.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
leecoukfan Wrote:Actually, going by population(using LWC's comparison again), the Mountain Counties have roughly double the amount of high school football teams that the three NKY counties have.

i meant more people/county and more schools/county.
how many counties are mountain counties?
^Depends on who you ask, lol. The ones I listed before had about 20.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LWC Wrote:Give me a county with 100,000 people within a 30 minute drive of a major city like Cincinnati and 4 public high schools and a private/city school and I can field a great team. I guarantee you that if a coach like Tom Larkey, Dudley Hilton or Phillip Haywood those stats and that opportunity they would seize it as well.

I am not downplaying Dale or anyone else's accomplishments, just saying that the argument of "we are only 3 counties and we are much better than the other 20 mountain counties" is stale and vanity.

Yes, and you would be 6A also!!!