Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville/Powell Co Scrimmage
Played at Pikeville: Pikeville 92 Powell Co. 74
Sounds as though the Panthers is goin to be a group that puts up a lot of numbers this season...
BondJamesBond Wrote:Sounds as though the Panthers is goin to be a group that puts up a lot of numbers this season...

Wow they beat a team with those numbers and u say it sounds like . Remember Powell County has lost some players since last year , they were 11 and 10 before district . They did not make it ti the 14 th region turny . They finished last in the 14 region . And Pikeville is gonna put up some big numbers this year .:hilarious: You have got to remember UL put up some big numbers last year when they scrimmaged some teams , um they lost out before they got started . Putting up big numbers against a last place team at the start of the year is nothing . Wait til they start playing your local 15th region teams to see if they have big numbers not a last place team .:dontthink:lmao:
But what I felled to notice was Powells scorer 70 . Man these guys finished last in the 14th . And scored 70 against a second place team from the 15 who was suppose to win it all . These Powell Cty. boys are a scrapy bunch . Keep improving . But I see the downfall to this Pikeville team too . From the 59th , the 15th and still have the same coach . Man look around when you can't get over a hump you make changes ER new coach that recruits better than you guys . SV new coach with young guys last year and they win . My predictions these 2 come out of your district . But BL takes it to Rupp . Go Big BLue . GO KY wildcats
bluebloodedcatfan Wrote:But what I felled to notice was Powells scorer 70 . Man these guys finished last in the 14th . And scored 70 against a second place team from the 15 who was suppose to win it all . These Powell Cty. boys are a scrapy bunch . Keep improving . But I see the downfall to this Pikeville team too . From the 59th , the 15th and still have the same coach . Man look around when you can't get over a hump you make changes ER new coach that recruits better than you guys . SV new coach with young guys last year and they win . My predictions these 2 come out of your district . But BL takes it to Rupp . Go Big BLue . GO KY wildcats

WOW!!! You should learn how to spell before you diss a team you have not even watched this year. A little early to make those type of predictions.
bluebloodedcatfan Wrote:But what I felled to notice was Powells scorer 70 . Man these guys finished last in the 14th . And scored 70 against a second place team from the 15 who was suppose to win it all . These Powell Cty. boys are a scrapy bunch . Keep improving . But I see the downfall to this Pikeville team too . From the 59th , the 15th and still have the same coach . Man look around when you can't get over a hump you make changes ER new coach that recruits better than you guys . SV new coach with young guys last year and they win . My predictions these 2 come out of your district . But BL takes it to Rupp . Go Big BLue . GO KY wildcats
Wow.. Learn to put coherent sentences together before posting, please? Anyway, there is a lot to be said for having continuity in the coaching staff as well. If Pikeville were having losing seasons and just completely melting down, I might agree with you. But that isn't the case. They've been getting better and better each year, and the loss to SV in the regional finals really made my point for me about how much I hate the 3 team district format. Pikeville beat Valley both times in the regular season, then had to turn around and play them AGAIN in regionals. Beating any team, I don't care who you or they are, 3 times in one season is darn near impossible. Play that game again 10 times, Pikeville wins 7 of them. It was one of those nights. Valley went on and got embarrassed in the state tourney. I won't even address your ridiculous "recruiting" comment because I don't want this thread to distinigrate into an argument about who "recruits" and who doesn't. As for SV having a "new" coach, wrong again. It was a LONG TIME assistant coach who knew the boys, there was a famililarity there and he put them in position to succeed based on his knowledge of their capabilities.
Does Pikeville have any boys who are still playing football that are on the basketball team? What about Powell? Their football season just finished up Friday and if they have any basketball players that were playing football, then they are probably not in basketball shape yet. Were both of these teams at full strength for this scrimmage?
old_school_hero Wrote:Does Pikeville have any boys who are still playing football that are on the basketball team? What about Powell? Their football season just finished up Friday and if they have any basketball players that were playing football, then they are probably not in basketball shape yet. Were both of these teams at full strength for this scrimmage?

Good point.
old_school_hero Wrote:Does Pikeville have any boys who are still playing football that are on the basketball team? What about Powell? Their football season just finished up Friday and if they have any basketball players that were playing football, then they are probably not in basketball shape yet. Were both of these teams at full strength for this scrimmage?
I believe Pikeville still has one or two playing football. Not 100% sure on that though.
Pikeville still has two playing football. Both will be major contributors.
i read this same stuff every year about how good a team is gonna be this year . Well LOL :hilarious: I've always said you can't tell what a teams going to do until ball strips the net . And we've always heard it from the Pikeville bunch . THey haven't proven it yet . They play good all year ,"weak schedule". Whose at fault for that . Looks to me like they are getting out recruited by ER . But i've said it before BL is the team to beat from the 15th .
PHSForever Wrote:I believe Pikeville still has one or two playing football. Not 100% sure on that though.

Two for sure. Wes Anderson and Chase Hall.
excyter21 Wrote:Two for sure. Wes Anderson and Chase Hall.
Thanks, I knew Wes would play, wasn't sure about Chase.
bluebloodedcatfan Wrote:i read this same stuff every year about how good a team is gonna be this year . Well LOL :hilarious: I've always said you can't tell what a teams going to do until ball strips the net . And we've always heard it from the Pikeville bunch . THey haven't proven it yet . They play good all year ,"weak schedule". Whose at fault for that . Looks to me like they are getting out recruited by ER . But i've said it before BL is the team to beat from the 15th .
Weak schedule? Below is Pikeville's schedule for this season:

Dec 6, 11 Allen Central away 7:30 PM
Dec 9, 11 Washington, PA at Canon McMillan, PA 7:30 PM EQT Energy Classic
Dec 10, 11 TBA at Canon McMillan, PA EQT Energy Classic
Dec 11, 11 TBA at Canon McMillan, PA EQT Energy Classic
Dec 15, 11 Prestonsburg home 7:30 PM
Dec 16, 11 Magoffin County away 7:30 PM
Dec 19, 11 Fern Creek at Various Sites 3:00 PM ihigh Fayette County Invitational
Dec 20, 11 TBA at Various Sites ihigh Fayette County Invitational
Dec 21, 11 TBA at Various Sites ihigh Fayette County Invitational
Dec 22, 11 TBA at Various Sites ihigh Fayette County Invitational
Dec 28, 11 Beechwood home 8:15 PM Pikeville Invitational Tournament
Dec 29, 11 TBA home Pikeville Invitational Tournament
Dec 30, 11 TBA home Pikeville Invitational Tournament
Jan 3, 12 Shelby Valley away 7:30 PM
Jan 7, 12 Paintsville at Eastern Kentucky Exposition Center, Pikeville 15th Region All "A" Classic
Jan 17, 12 Belfry home 7:30 PM
Jan 20, 12 East Ridge home 7:30 PM
Jan 21, 12 Greenup County away 7:30 PM
Jan 24, 12 Johnson Central away 7:30 PM
Jan 27, 12 Pike County Central away 7:30 PM
Jan 31, 12 East Ridge away 7:30 PM
Feb 2, 12 Lawrence County home 7:30 PM
Feb 7, 12 Letcher County Central home 7:30 PM
Feb 10, 12 Shelby Valley home 7:30 PM
Feb 11, 12 Pike County Central home 7:30 PM
Feb 13, 12 Magoffin County home 7:30 PM
Feb 16, 12 Betsy Layne away 7:30 PM

Now here is Betsy Layne's schedule:

Nov 29, 11 Phelps away 7:30 PM
Dec 3, 11 Greenup County home 7:30 PM
Dec 9, 11 Piarist School home 7:30 PM
Dec 10, 11 Male at Expo Center 5:30 PM Kentucky Farm Bureau Classic
Dec 13, 11 Pike County Central away 7:30 PM
Dec 16, 11 Belfry away 7:30 PM
Dec 23, 11 Allen Central home 7:30 PM
Dec 28, 11 TBA at Pikeville Pikeville Invitational Tournament
Dec 29, 11 TBA at Pikeville Pikeville Invitational Tournament
Dec 30, 11 TBA at Pikeville Pikeville Invitational Tournament
Jan 5, 12 Johnson Central away 7:30 PM
Jan 12, 12 Prestonsburg at Eastern Kentucky Exposition Center, Pikeville 8:15 PM 15th Region All "A" Classic
Jan 14, 12 TBA at Eastern Kentucky Exposition Center, Pikeville 8:15 PM 15th Region All "A" Classic
Jan 16, 12 TBA at Eastern Kentucky Exposition Center, Pikeville 8:00 PM 15th Region All "A" Classic
Jan 17, 12 Lawrence County home 7:30 PM
Jan 18, 12 Prestonsburg away 7:30 PM
Jan 20, 12 Piarist School away 7:30 PM
Jan 21, 12 South Floyd home 7:30 PM
Jan 24, 12 Shelby Valley home 7:30 PM
Jan 25, 12 East Ridge home 7:30 PM
Jan 27, 12 Prestonsburg home 7:30 PM
Jan 28, 12 Breathitt County away 7:30 PM
Jan 31, 12 South Floyd away 7:30 PM
Feb 3, 12 Allen Central away 7:30 PM
Feb 7, 12 Paintsville away 7:30 PM
Feb 9, 12 Greenup County away 7:30 PM
Feb 16, 12 Pikeville home 7:30 PM
Feb 17, 12 Jenkins away 7:30 PM

For sure (depending on Pikeville Invitational Tournament lineup), Betsy Layne plays FOUR teams from outside of the 15th region (Greenup Co, Breathitt Co, Lawrence Co. and Male). Yeah, nice job of scheduling to get better.

Who does Pikeville play? Well, look at their schedule. They play in the EQT Classic in Pennsylvania this year, hoping to defend their crown from last year (Allen Central is in it too). I don't know enough about Western Pa basketball to make a good call on them, but there were a couple of very nice teams from last year. I'm sure it will be a very competitive tournament. Then, they play in the iHigh Fayette County tournament, and the teams slated to play in that one are:

Male
Paul Laurence Dunbar
Jeffersontown
Bryan Station
Tates Creek
Muhlenberg County
Henry Clay
Pikeville
Lafayette
Knott County Central
Fleming County

That's some serious competition they will be playing against. Oh, but I'm sure it is nothing compared to Greenup County or Lawrence County, right? Oh, and let's not forget the Pikeville Invitational Tournament:

Betsy Layne
Beechwood
Wolfe County
Pike County Central
Allen Central
Hazard
Greenup County (we invited them so Betsy Layne would not feel bad about their schedule, I guess) Confusednicker:

Look, Betsy Layne, East Ridge, Shelby Valley, etc., will all be tough as always. But you have NO clue what you are talking about if you are knocking Pikeville's schedule. Bart is definitely scheduling tough to get his team better prepared for the tournaments.
PHSForever Wrote:I believe Pikeville still has one or two playing football. Not 100% sure on that though.

powell had a total of 5 playing football. 2 are jv and 3 are varsity. conner and the two goodwin brothers are the varsity players
They beat them 3 times. Two in regular season and then the district.
Wow, did not realize Pikeville had such a good schedule
Pikeville has Washington Pa , Fern crk , and Beechwood just as weak of teams as Lanes Greenup , Male and Breathitt . playing weak teams like these are just tuneups for the region . I'm still saying BL goes farther than Pikeville .
bluebloodedcatfan Wrote:i read this same stuff every year about how good a team is gonna be this year . Well LOL :hilarious: I've always said you can't tell what a teams going to do until ball strips the net . And we've always heard it from the Pikeville bunch . THey haven't proven it yet . They play good all year ,"weak schedule". Whose at fault for that . Looks to me like they are getting out recruited by ER . But i've said it before BL is the team to beat from the 15th .

Why do you feel the need to bash every team mentioned in a thread other than Betsy Layne? Can you not add anything other than trying to get a rise out of people and bashing everyone and everything?

I'm surprised you're even talking all this shit with you being a BL fan and all...just shut up and deal with your team choking ever other year.
vundy33 Wrote:Why do you feel the need to bash every team mentioned in a thread other than Betsy Layne? Can you not add anything other than trying to get a rise out of people and bashing everyone and everything?

I'm surprised you're even talking all this shit with you being a BL fan and all...just shut up and deal with your team choking ever other year.

lol, what this guy said.
That's a lot of points!!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
bluebloodedcatfan Wrote:Pikeville has Washington Pa , Fern crk , and Beechwood just as weak of teams as Lanes Greenup , Male and Breathitt . playing weak teams like these are just tuneups for the region . I'm still saying BL goes farther than Pikeville .
Conveniently, you failed to do research, they are playing in tournaments in which they will have an opportunity to play more than just those 3 teams. You've ignored the iHigh Fayette County Invitational, etc. Go on... Daddy Eric Conn is calling, perhaps this is the year BL gets their team picture in front of the statute of Abe.
vundy33 Wrote:Why do you feel the need to bash every team mentioned in a thread other than Betsy Layne? Can you not add anything other than trying to get a rise out of people and bashing everyone and everything?

Yes! Precisely!! lol!!
my team choking :argue: pease so does pukeville . I can't help it , i come from the church of the brutal truth . :rockon: Confusednicker: