Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alex Poythress to UK
According to multiple sources, Jody Demiling and Dave Telep, Alex Poythress has committed to The University of Kentucky and John Calipari.... This is a huge get for UK at small forward.... With Poythress, Harrow, Cauley and Archie Goodwin, this should move UK up to #2 recruiting class and if Amile Jefferson commits next week and Shabazz in the spring time, UK will once again, have the #1 recruiting class in America.....Coach Cal gets it done again....TongueirateSho:Clap::worthy::Thumbs:
According to KSR:
Quote:Alex Poythress has decided to become a KENTUCKY WILDCAT according to Jeff Borzello….official announcement in 20 minutes.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Goodnight... This is getting a little funny. Set that class up for the number one ranking once Shabazz commits... and yes I think he is coming here.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Great news. Everything I've ever read about Poythress had him as a Memphis lean. Coach Cal does his thing. Sweet.
This has made my day! Welcome to the BBN!
Woooohooooo!
I am waiting for Aslan to say say "40-0"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Power Forward

6'8

215 lbs.

5*

8th in his Position

19th National

Held offers from Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Florida and Memphis

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/...ress-99151
Great pick up
You can see Alex Poythress play – and also UK recruit Archie Goodwin – on January 7th, 2012 at Lexington Catholic’s Dunkin’ Donuts National Shootout event. Several afternoon games, then a break, then at night Lexington Lafayette plays Poythress’ team from Tennessee followed by Lexington Catholic playing Goodwin’s team from Arkansas. See it all on one admission charge.

This will be an SRO crowd, advance tickets thru the LexCath office at 859-277-7183.

Can’t guarantee it, but expect UK staff and players to be in attendance. Two years back this event featured CJ Leslie who UK was recruiting. The entire UK staff and team attended. For this year, UK plays a 4PM game in Rupp against South Carolina this day, so they should be over for the evening games to support their new teammates.

For those who haven’t been to LexCath, there is a well-lit college-size floor and adequate parking on premises and at the elementary school across the street. Large clean restrooms, good snack bar, and huge lobby for kibbutzing – check out those trophy cases!
Here is a video of him signing for those who missed it

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQnDw0JICuQ"]uQnDw0JICuQ[/YOUTUBE]
First to tell everyone yesterday Wink