Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Country Palace No More
Marlow's Country Palace has been forced to close it's doors. There are back taxes owed to the county in excess of $100,000.

The News-Express has the nerve to poll its readers asking who should have to pay the taxes!

Of course Marlow himself should have to pay. He makes the revenue of getting rednecks drunk and letting them dance so why should anyone but him have to pay what he rightfully owes?
If he cant pay his bills then the damn place needs to close.
Exactly. He couldn't and now the place is closed, I don't see why it was even as issue as to who should pay his taxes? If my family couldn't pay taxes on our home and land do you think that anyone would ask the public who should have to cover our asses? Nope.
I think it is funny that it is getting closed down.
Well, first off, he doesn't own the property. Never did. So how is it HIS property making him responsible for the taxes?
Batpuff Wrote:If he cant pay his bills then the damn place needs to close.

I agree......
SeniorEagle04 Wrote:I agree......

WOW we agree on something. lol
Beef Wrote:Well, first off, he doesn't own the property. Never did. So how is it HIS property making him responsible for the taxes?

I was thinking the same thing...Maybe that's the issue here...I don't really understand enough about it to make a point though so I'll just stay out of it...
Beef Wrote:Well, first off, he doesn't own the property. Never did. So how is it HIS property making him responsible for the taxes?

And he doesn't serve drinks.. It's a BYOB place.
Well, who owns the property and WHY haven't they paid it?
Maybe it was some sort of contract, - he built it there, he paid taxes. Who knows?
Cameron Crazy Wrote:Maybe it was some sort of contract, - he built it there, he paid taxes. Who knows?

That is exactly what I was thinking.

I thought that I read somewhere that the land had been in a property dispute for the past several years. If there is a civil case filed in court, trying to decide who is the rightful owner, then I'm sure neither side felt responsible for the taxes.

The sad thing is that both parties will lose out because the property will be sold to the highest bidder on the courthouse steps unless all back taxes can be paid. Which means, the property owner loses the property and the club owner loses the club.
I think an old woman owned it an they had a verbal contract, an she passed away, then the land went to the kids, an they didn't like what the palace had become.

i went there one time an will never go back.
the cops came an they wouldn't let anyone leave. i was stuck there till like 3 in the morning, an to make matters worse i was the DD that night an all i could do was sit an watch people dance.Even if it does get re-opened i don't think i'll go back.

lol
Batpuff Wrote:WOW we agree on something. lol

lol is this like a first or something?
The property owners owe the property taxes.
They had a tenant(Marlow's) evicted, it didn't close due to the taxes.
Let's get the facts straight before we start bashing people.
:thumb: ^foxsports
Marlows not being open will be odd.. it's always been there lol...
I listened to him play at the County Fair last fall.. I liked him and his band...