Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell @ Garrard County (3A round 2)
Jeepman Wrote:This game will not be decided by the players. It will depend on the Russell coaching staff. If they utilize the talent Russell has Garrard will be packing. If we continue like we have, the game will be over in the first half.

One of the most rediculous statements I've ever read on the site.
Red Devils are going to have to play the best game they have played all year. No turnovers. Garrard Co can put points on the board and are versitale. They have a running game that can chew up the clock but they also can pass which Russell has had problems. This bunch of Red Devils can play but they have struggled for some reason?????? These teams are not going to roll over just because the DEVILS take the field. You have to play hard every down and only a hand full have been doing that. Coaches get your head in the game for 4 qtrs. and watch what is going on the field, and call the right plays, not haphazardly, your to predictable almost every down.
Good Luck Devils.
2 days until Russell finds out who they play in the region finals.
I see Russell keeping it close but, I have my doubts also. I would like to see Russell win but I believe that the way this team plays sometimes I just don't know. What I do know is if they with the intensity and the HEART that they played with against Western Hills then this could make for an interesting game. If not it's going to be along bus ride home.
FBALL Wrote:2 days until Russell finds out who they play in the region finals.
A clenching of hope,,, Hang on to it. Go GC!!
Tradition wins games and I'm going with the slight upset. I like Russell. They are used to being in the regional finals almost every year. Russell 27 Garrad 21. Russell slows the tempo and keeps Garrad's O off the field.

So who does Russell play in the regional final? Oh, that's right...they just got hammered and sent back to Flatwoods on their cushy charter busses.

When you said this game was going to be a low scoring affair, you were half right....Russell sure didn't put many points on the board.
That would be nobody..... Enjoy the Thanksgiving Crow.... It tastes better cooked at
350 degrees for 45 minutes and then simmer for 20.....
SlantStrong Wrote:Tradition wins games and I'm going with the slight upset. I like Russell. They are used to being in the regional finals almost every year. Russell 27 Garrad 21. Russell slows the tempo and keeps Garrad's O off the field.
It was actually a good game... Russell just made too many mistakes that GC was able
to take advantage of...
Russell is a better team than this, how embarrassing, something must be done. Congrats to GC.