Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mercer Co 19 - Russell Co 14
64black&gold Wrote:You make reasonable arguments on here most of the time but to say Mercer and Clay are on the same level is ludicrous. Mercer would beat Clay by 4 or 5 td's.

Absolutely agree, no comparision.

Only head scratching game for me is that Mercer County allowed Dunbar to beat them. The rest of their schedule was pretty tough and they lost to the better teams and won against the weaker ones throughout the regular season.
Norm Peterson Wrote:Is that 2-21 playoff record accurate for the Lakers?

Yes.

Their only playoff wins are:

2010 Hopkins County Central
2000 Washington County

Since 1990 they've only won 50% of their games and up till last season had a losing record 6 out of 10 times in the 2000's.
Laker20's recollection is always that the "officiating was questionable at best." Really dude? Everyone is tired of hearing that from you. RC choked!
zebra'seyes Wrote:Laker20's recollection is always that the "officiating was questionable at best." Really dude? Everyone is tired of hearing that from you. RC choked!

If that is what you took from my posts then you are merely looking for the opportunity for anyone to mention the officials so that you can bash them personally. As I've stated before, given your user name I'm sure that you are an official and I don't think that there is one user on this forum that really cares to hear anything that you have to say.

I've made it clear that this game was there for the Lakers to win and they failed to get it done. I always tell it the way that I see it and I do my best to be unbiased at all times. There were plenty of things that I could bash the officials about, but didn't. I know that it's hard for them to get everything right and I've spent a fair amount of time standing up for them because it's a hard job that I don't think I could do any better. They make mistakes just like Coaches and players do, but when that happens you just have to overcome it, and the Lakers didn't.
64black&gold Wrote:You make reasonable arguments on here most of the time but to say Mercer and Clay are on the same level is ludicrous. Mercer would beat Clay by 4 or 5 td's.

According to Massey's:

Mercer Rnk #101 State, 21 Class
Clay Rnk #115 State, 23 Class

Russell Co vs Either is projected @ 41 -14 Lakers.

Not a lot of difference between the two. My point is that the Lakers played that bad. Partially because of what Mercer did in the game, and partially because we didn't do.
Mercer County came into Laker Stadium ready to play! They are a VERY well coached team! The no huddle stuff seemed to have the Laker defense out of sorts...many times the Lakers were shifting defensively when the ball was being snapped! The Lakers just seemed to be snake bit the first half. Everything that could go wrong did! Ellis got caught on the one yard line on the interception return only to have Britt fumble on the goal line ( not sure why you don't qb sneak a few times to pick up a yard). The touchdowns called back on penalties!!! As a fan you just had a bad feeling from the beginning of the game....by the fourth quarter you thought that they just might find a way to pull out a victory but they fell just short.
I am really proud of the season that the Lakers have had! I believe the next couple seasons could be really special! However, the Lakers are going to have to get bigger and stronger on the offensive and defensive lines. They also need to develop some depth in those positions so that 3/5th of your starting line doesn't have to play the entire game. If the Lakers will make a commitment to putting in the work as players and coaches starting now they have the potential to double those total playoff wins next season! Win or lose you better believe...I will be there cheering them on
hahahahahahahahahahaha just goes to show you that russell co is not as good as laker20 says they are. what happened laker20? hmmm? :biglmao:Confusednicker::lmao::hilarious::biglmao::lmao::hilarious:
comeback_kidxXx Wrote:hahahahahahahahahahaha just goes to show you that russell co is not as good as laker20 says they are. what happened laker20? hmmm? :biglmao:Confusednicker::lmao::hilarious::biglmao::lmao::hilarious:

I think any team that played us will testify to how good we were. In fact, if we weren't that good, but went to Rock and played them into overtime only to loose by 2, and Rock went to Perry and blanked them 22-0.....then what does that say about Perry?

We flat out played horrible, and Mercer played as though they had nothing to loose.
Don't worry about it Laker20.....we may only have two wins all time in playoff history but at least that is twice as many as "some teams" that like to get on here and talk trash!
3wishes Wrote:Absolutely agree, no comparision.

Only head scratching game for me is that Mercer County allowed Dunbar to beat them. The rest of their schedule was pretty tough and they lost to the better teams and won against the weaker ones throughout the regular season.

They lost a senior classmate who was a cheerleader in a car crash a few hours before the Dunbar game. I'd say they had a hard time bringing their best to that game.
^True.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
laker20 Wrote:Final! Congrats Titans.

Russell Co had a heck of a season, but came up short in this one. The team we watched all year failed to show up until about 8 minutes remaining in the 4th. This is one Laker fan who's extremely proud of what they accomplished this year, and even though the final game leaves a bad taste in the mouth, they should be proud of what they've done.

:eyeroll:
comeback_kidxXx Wrote:hahahahahahahahahahaha just goes to show you that russell co is not as good as laker20 says they are. what happened laker20? hmmm? :biglmao:Confusednicker::lmao::hilarious::biglmao::lmao::hilarious:

He is still pouting.
Good job Mercer,,, Way to go Coach Rains,,, Things are coming together,,, Keep it up!
Did Mercer's strenght of schedule help them in this game? They played a much tougher schedule than Russell County.
Congrats to Mercer! Soph QB J.T. Long has really emerged as a solid signal caller for the Titans.
old_school_hero Wrote:Congrats to Mercer! Soph QB J.T. Long has really emerged as a solid signal caller for the Titans.

He played a heck of a game. He made a few mistakes, but for the most part made really good decisions. He was very patient in going through his receivers to try to hit the open man. His performance doesn't look near as good on paper as it should, because Mercer's receivers dropped several catch-able balls.
Dang guys that sucks Mercer got it handed to them last night. so much for them bein good. I believe russell would have hung wit catholic. sorry mercer fans. buhbye!!!!!
Russell_aker Wrote:Dang guys that sucks Mercer got it handed to them last night. so much for them bein good. I believe russell would have hung wit catholic. sorry mercer fans. buhbye!!!!!

How do you get the outcome would have been different? That's a sad post that gives the good Lakers fans a bad name. :lame:
I wasn't 2 surprised with this after seeing what MC has done the past few weeks. Coach
Rains has them buying into his program and they are seeing results. That builds a much
needed confidence in the program, and it's showing. MC will be a tough out in the their
Regional Final. Good job Coach Rains !!