Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell 19 Western Hills 13
final
good game western hills
Congratulations, Russell!
Great job Russell. WH has nothing to hang their heads about they played hard right up to the last snap.

The two personal fouls just about cost Russell the football game. Our Defense looked really good tonight.
congrats to Russell
Defense looked ok. Offense looked like crap. If a team is going to put 11 in the box we are going to have to throw the ball more.
Good luck with Garrad Co. next week
Wonder if Huffine will be able to go next week?
FBALL Wrote:Defense looked ok. Offense looked like crap. If a team is going to put 11 in the box we are going to have to throw the ball more.

hard to throw with a 5ft 8in qb that cant see over the line, he has to sprint out to see the field which limits your receivers to on side, Dehoff was wide open 1st time they ran that play but googie couldnt see him because he was on the opp side, i will give them credit, when they ran it for the last score they did roll googie out to his side, also their pass plays are as predictable as their running game, i dont want to bad mouth but its so frustrating watching this offense and watch some of the play calling, lack of time management, and personal fouls that go on week after week to cause this team to shoot themselves in the foot:devilflam
I just don't understand why Russell is so undiciplined that they have to have at least one personal foul a game. It cost them the football in a key situation and allowed WC to score. Russell is not only predictable on offense, and defense, you can guarantee they will have a personal foul. This is something that should have been corrected by the coaching staff after game one.

The Russell offense is so predictable that if we do throw something different in the other team is usually caught completely off guard. I just don't understand why the coaches don't see this.
Jeepman Wrote:I just don't understand why Russell is so undiciplined that they have to have at least one personal foul a game. It cost them the football in a key situation and allowed WC to score. Russell is not only predictable on offense, and defense, you can guarantee they will have a personal foul. This is something that should have been corrected by the coaching staff after game one.

The Russell offense is so predictable that if we do throw something different in the other team is usually caught completely off guard. I just don't understand why the coaches don't see this.

im sure they do but ivan cant stand to do anything different, 1st half in the west carter game, dehoff was qb they spred it out some, got the ball to the backs in space and had success, then in the paper ivan said it killed him to run that, havent seen it since
The thing is come playoff time you go with your bread-and-butter, which in this case is the OLD WING-T, and you don't go with what everyone else wants. Now is that the most popular thing to do, NO maybe not, but it's what he is known for and is most comfortable with.
The unsportsmanlike after Googies interception was a bad call.
mightydog Wrote:hard to throw with a 5ft 8in qb that cant see over the line, he has to sprint out to see the field which limits your receivers to on side, Dehoff was wide open 1st time they ran that play but googie couldnt see him because he was on the opp side, i will give them credit, when they ran it for the last score they did roll googie out to his side, also their pass plays are as predictable as their running game, i dont want to bad mouth but its so frustrating watching this offense and watch some of the play calling, lack of time management, and personal fouls that go on week after week to cause this team to shoot themselves in the foot:devilflam

Googie does have trouble seeing from the pocket. No doubt about it. But he throws a very good ball. Sprint him out get him in space with the run/pass option. They can do that out of the wing or shot gun. If we had another QB I'd love to see him as a reciiever.

I think next week they have to figure a way to get Googie, Thompson and Dehoff the ball on the perimeter in open space. If Garrard is aloud to put 11 in the box like WH did then its game over.
Longish trip to Garrad for Russell. But, looking at Garrad's results, I don't see anything to strike fear. If Russell comes to play and executes they should win that game.
FBALL Wrote:The unsportsmanlike after Googies interception was a bad call.

So what happened to make it a bad call???
FBALL Wrote:Googie does have trouble seeing from the pocket. No doubt about it. But he throws a very good ball. Sprint him out get him in space with the run/pass option. They can do that out of the wing or shot gun. If we had another QB I'd love to see him as a reciiever.

I think next week they have to figure a way to get Googie, Thompson and Dehoff the ball on the perimeter in open space. If Garrard is aloud to put 11 in the box like WH did then its game over.

We can wish and hope but I just don't see any change. Including our one or two personal fouls. It is just Russell football.
Jeepman Wrote:So what happened to make it a bad call???

After the interception one of the offensive players ran onto the field and disnt have his helmet on yet. By rule it's the correct call but you very rarely see it called. It wasn't taunting and it's something you see at almost every game.
Jeepman Wrote:We can wish and hope but I just don't see any change. Including our one or two personal fouls. It is just Russell football.

The personal foul that backed them up was just stupid. You have to be smarter than that.
Congrats Russell Good Luck next week against Garrard County
Congrats Russell