Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell County 45 - Lewis County 0 (3A - Playoffs)
Final

If Powell comes to play with the same intensity next week they'll upset Bourbon County

1st Playoff Win for Powell
Congratulations, PC!
congrats to PC
CONGRATS PC good luck next, week hope u come out with another win.
Heck of a rematch coming up with Bourbon Co, hope they have another great game like a few weeks ago
First playoff win and best record in school history! Congrats to Coach Burchett and the Pirates! Next week in Bourbon should be a wild rematch!
Congrats Powell. Good season Lions. Keep your heads up and get into the weight room and build on this years success. Powell played about as good as they could and Lewis played about as bad as they could. If Powell plays like this next round they'll beat Bourbon.
Congrats to the master of the "belly", Coach Burchett and team.
Congrats Powell County.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Very impressive!! Congrats Pirates!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
For all of those who question the 4 seed system. What say you about this game?
The Pirates scored 21 points in the first 4 minutes. Opening kickoff returned for TD, onside kick recovered and scored 2 or 3 plays later, and either another onside kick or fumble recovered and a Pirate score again within a few plays. A number 4 seed doing this to almost ANY 1 seed would kill their spirits. Powell found the way to win and did it in a very impressive fashion. Hats off to Lewis Co. though. Their defense stepped up in the second quarter and made things difficult for the Pirates.
Kosar Wrote:Congrats to the master of the "belly", Coach Burchett and team.
He learned for on of the best. That being Chuke Williams
PaytoPlay Wrote:For all of those who question the 4 seed system. What say you about this game?
Exactly. There will always be 1 seed / four seed blowouts, but having four seeds allows for upsets like this. I remember the old system and we lost one district game one year and didn't make the playoffs with only one lossthat season. The old system was too much like the BCS series in major college football. Which in my opinion sucks and should have a playoff system to determine a national champion.
Dawg Family Wrote:He learned for on of the best. That being Chuke Williams

They both learned from Phillip Haywood at Prestonsburg.
Great job by Powell county! Coach Burchett and staff has done a great job! I posted last week I thought Powell was good enough to be in the regional finals. Great season for Lewis county, tremendous improvement!
Congrats PC, nice way to win your first playoff game....Play hard, give it your all, and at the end of the day, don't look back! Build from this season and "KNOW" you can compete with any of the teams you face! Good luck aganist Bourbon Co next Friday night!
I don't think Powell is 45 points better than Lewis. But I'm not going to say that they aren't the better team. They are. They proved it twice this year. It was 21-0 before LC's offense even touched the field. Hard to shake that off. You could tell LC's defense still felt they were in it but the offense and special teams laid down. Then you add 5 turnovers on top of that, and you get the massacre that Powell delivered. Good season LC. I'll be rooting for Powell from here on out unless they play our district mate, Russell, in the regional finals.
Looks like the prediction that Lewis County was satisfied with their season and 2 wins from Mason and Russell was true. I hated that...I thought they could have went far. Did they abandon their wing t this year? I think they should go to something a little more less perdictable on offense like the Flexbone my boys from Air Force run. It's easy to run and you spread the defense out while still being a run dominant team. Just a thought. Good luck to Lewis County next year....Powell County by the way....I love the belly! Good luck verses Bourbon.
They don't have the athleticism at QB to run the flex one. But I too, love that offense.
LClion4life Wrote:They don't have the athleticism at QB to run the flex one. But I too, love that offense.
You don't need a super athletic quarter back to run the offense...you just need one that is half way smart. I've seen QB's that played in this offense run a 5.2 forty and rushed for over 800 yards for a 10 game season. Now the fullback needs to be a tough hard nosed runner. From the sounds of it you have plenty of those types.
We do. Had one that is graduating and have another replacing him next year that will be better.
Way to go Powell !!