Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dixie Heights QB
Towles is much better I have watched both and towles doesn't have the arm but he is a leader
This story is so sad. Guys we do have to remember these are 17 & 18 yr old KIDS! They're expected to make grown up decisions but they're still kids at heart. I know a kid (no names) that received a full ride to a D1 school, got to the school started practicing & saw he wasn't the "college star" like he was the "high school star" & he just plain right out left the school. If I were his parent I would be pissed!!!! I once heard a college coach say they would break a cocky kid ALL THE WAY DOWN but the mist important thing is we build them back up to be responsible smart student athletes. We as the public are quick to judge. I just hope the young man learns from his mistakes but reading the posts in this thread it seems like he has a serious attitude problem. I wish him well & hope he wakes up b4 it's too late b/c he has the opportunity of a lifetime & playing football for a D1 school is something he can't get back.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Towles is much better I have watched both and towles doesn't have the arm but he is a leader

Hey you guys aren't on that synthetic stuff down there are ya?
NCC41 Wrote:Hey you guys aren't on that synthetic stuff down there are ya?

hahahaha
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Towles is much better I have watched both and towles doesn't have the arm but he is a leader

Now that's a funny one right there.... Whether it's a "sticks" route 15 yards on the sideline which is thrown with pinpoint accuracy or a 65 yard "fly" route to Sheehan in full stride, Towles' arm strength is tremendous. Come on up and see for yourself Paintsville Tigerfan next weekend when HHS hosts the Johnson Central Golden Eagles in the 2nd round of the 4A playoffs.

Back to the thread topic, Pike has been blessed with natural ability but has had many off the field problems. I hope he can overcome the obstacles in his life.
horst muhlmann Wrote:Now that's a funny one right there.... Whether it's a "sticks" route 15 yards on the sideline which is thrown with pinpoint accuracy or a 65 yard "fly" route to Sheehan in full stride, Towles' arm strength is tremendous. Come on up and see for yourself Paintsville Tigerfan next weekend when HHS hosts the Johnson Central Golden Eagles in the 2nd round of the 4A playoffs.

Back to the thread topic, Pike has been blessed with natural ability but has had many off the field problems. I hope he can overcome the obstacles in his life.

There is NOTHING that Patrick is 2nd to Pike in - with the exception of teams they will be playing college ball at.

Are you kidding??? 55 - 60 yards

Blau Vogel Wrote:Are you kidding??? 55 - 60 yards

Not bad for a kid with less arm strength than Pike. I said it at the beginning of the year ans I'll say it again, Pike doesn't have anything on Patrick. I'm not knocking Pike just correcting your statement about arm strength.
Blau Vogel Wrote:Are you kidding??? 55 - 60 yards

You tube got that one wrong - I think that TD was to speedster Sheehan (#6). Still a great pass and catch.
here's an interesting read

http://nky.cincinnati.com/article/AB/201...ext|Sports
Mark Pike, the father of Dixie Heights senior quarterback Zeke Pike, said his son is one of three football players who have been suspended from Friday's Class 6A playoff opener at Lexington Lafayette for an undisclosed violation of team rules.
Athletic director Matt Wilhoite issued a statement Wednesday saying that three players have been suspended for one game, but declined to name them.
Pike, who has committed to Auburn, missed the first game of the season against Newport Central Catholic because of a Kentucky High School Athletic Association suspension for being ejected in last year's Class 5A playoff loss to Highlands.
Coach Tom Spritzky said senior wide receiver Goose Cohorn and Evan Hicks will play quarterback, but he declined further comment. Cohorn, who leads Greater Cincinnati in receiving yards with 1,061, played in place of Pike against NewCath.
If Dixie wins, the players would return for the game against the Tates Creek-Campbell County winner.
Mark Pike said he has talked with Auburn officials to keep them apprised of the situation.
"We've been up front with them about everything," Mark Pike said.
Mark Pike also said there had been some consideration of Zeke graduating early to enroll at Auburn to take part in spring practice, but Zeke decided against that.
^ Mark is a class guy and someone that I have respected back to my days of coaching against his teams in travel baseball, AAU Basketball and NKYFL football
horst muhlmann Wrote:You tube got that one wrong - I think that TD was to speedster Sheehan (#6). Still a great pass and catch.

You are correct sir! I think it mentions that in the comments below the video.
pigskin Wrote:hahahaha

Yeah, we've been playing on it for years. Never thought much about smoking it, though.:lmao:
^ We are from NKY, we obviously do not know the difference Wink
Stardust Wrote:^ Mark is a class guy and someone that I have respected back to my days of coaching against his teams in travel baseball, AAU Basketball and NKYFL football
I just remember beating his Dixie teams every year back in High school:hilarious:
nky Wrote:I just remember beating his Dixie teams every year back in High school:hilarious:

I posted in another thread about what 'habits or rituals' you had as a player and I said to not get snot bubbles..... Well I got snot bubbles against Mark.....
Beating the 'little" colonels was always fun
Stardust Wrote:There is NOTHING that Patrick is 2nd to Pike in - with the exception of teams they will be playing college ball at.

How big is Towles?
^ 6-5 232
Belfry0304 Wrote:How big is Towles?

Towles is 6'6" 235 lbs.
Pike is 6'5" 230 lbs.
Belfry0304 Wrote:How big is Towles?

How they are listed

Towles: 6' 6" 235

Pike: 6' 5" 230

Basically the same. They are both probably a couple of inches shorter and a few pounds lighter...You know how that goes. Exactly accurate or not, they are both specimens.
I have not seen where Patrick is 6-6

I guess you can get different information at different places:

Towles
Rivals: 6-5 232
ESPN: 6-4 230
Scout: 6-5 232

Pike
Rivals: 6-5 220
ESPN: 6-4 233
Scout: 6-6 225
Got my info. from the High School rosters. Yea, I'm sure it is give and take for both and they are very similar. But like Blau Vogel said, "they are both specimens".
^ I can agree with that, but if I'm starting a team from scratch and those two are my choices, Patrick is my "no brainer" choice.
Stardust Wrote:^ I can agree with that, but if I'm starting a team from scratch and those two are my choices, Patrick is my "no brainer" choice.

Yeah, and I happily let my opponent go into battle with Zeke. No way I'd want to deal with the drama.
Does anyone think Dixie will even win the 1st round game? Lafayette's defense is giving up 16 points a game.
^ Before this issue, I'd have said yes. This is the cancer that many were worried about happening to this team. Unfortunately, it looks like everyone who expected it turned out right. I feel bad for the kids in the Colonel program who do care. Unfortunately, Spritzky let this persist for way too long and my guess is that it will cost him his job.

There is an AWESOME post elsewhere that references that good kids make stupid mistakes, and I agree with that sentiment completely. But as the poster went on to say, when do the number of "mistakes" add up to the point that it's "NO LONGER A MISTAKE"??? We have seen all too often the athlete that reaches manhood who can no longer tell right from wrong, because every wrong he has ever done has been brushed aside. Yes, hold the child accountable for his mistakes, but by-god, start making the adults accountable to! Coaches, family members, adult friends lead these kids to feeling invincible and to the point that the only color that these kids see between Black and White is - GREEN! Green for money, go, umm grass. I feel bad for the young man that he has not had a good kick in the butt! Maybe this is it! Or, maybe it gets swept under the run only to be the incident before the "next" incident!

Thoughts???
Time will tell but at this rate he'll end up as a footnote to northern Kentucky football history as someone who had potential but wasted