Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bowling green 30 Lexington catholic 12
Great pics. Double ugly uniforms, but great pictures.
First time Bowling Green's won the gold jerseys in something like 7 years. I've always thought they were pretty cool.
Blau Vogel Wrote:Is BG 54 points better than they were last year? They lost to Christian County by 4 and Highlands beat Christian County like a rented mule 50 - 0. Highlands is arguably as good as they were last year...Has BG improved enough to cover that spread?

I can't tell anymore if you guys really believe what you're putting out there or if you're just messing with people.

Do you believe Bell County was better than Highlands last year because they waxed Johnson Central by 24 when you only beat them by 7? That Boyle County was better than Highlands because they in turn beat Bell County? Bowling Green only lost to Trinity by 2. I don't think that necessarily makes them better than any team Trinity beat by more than that.
Those new uniforms sure look nice. Nice pictures Stardust.
DragonFire Wrote:I can't tell anymore if you guys really believe what you're putting out there or if you're just messing with people.

Do you believe Bell County was better than Highlands last year because they waxed Johnson Central by 24 when you only beat them by 7? That Boyle County was better than Highlands because they in turn beat Bell County? Bowling Green only lost to Trinity by 2. I don't think that necessarily makes them better than any team Trinity beat by more than that.

My point was there was a huge gap between the Birds and the best of the west for four years. I think the average margin of victory in the four championship games was a little over 30 points. BG would have to make a big jump up along with a major fall for Highlands to cover the spread. I don't believe either thing, much less both things happend in one year.
In the *13 years prior to 2011, BG and Highlands have been in the same class, either 5A or 3A. In that time the east is 10 - 3 vs the west. The only team from the west to win a championship is Boyle County, and they are now in the east. In those 13 years, BG appeared in three championship games, losing them all, while Highlands was 8 - 1. Based on history, I can see now why you think The Purples would not have a problem this year with The Birds. I sure am glad Highlands doesn't have to face them.

*I picked 13 years because that is how far back these http://scoreboard.khsaa.org/scoreboardfb.htm records go.
I only care if BG can beat Warren Central and John Hardin and the team after that. I could care less if Highlands can beat BG for the title of second best team in KY in 2011. Who cares......
Blau Vogel Wrote:My point was there was a huge gap between the Birds and the best of the west for four years. I think the average margin of victory in the four championship games was a little over 30 points. BG would have to make a big jump up along with a major fall for Highlands to cover the spread. I don't believe either thing, much less both things happend in one year.

All I can tell you is that with my own eyes I've seen that Bowling Green made a big jump this year. I can't speak to the Highlands side of things, but Bowling Green is a significantly better team this year than in the last few. This is a team they have been building to for years. If you don't believe that based on the results you've seen, there's nothing more I can say to you. You'll believe what you believe and that's all there will be.