Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3A District 7/8 Playoff Bracket
(1) Breathitt County vs. (4) Sheldon Clark (@ BC)
(2) Morgan County vs. (3) Lawrence County (@ MC)
(3) Magoffin County @ (2) Pike County Central
(4) Jackson County @ (1) Belfry

Breathitt vs Sheldon Clark =This game will face the winner of Magoffin Co. vs Pike Co.Central

Belfry vs Jackson Co. =This game will face the winner of Morgan vs Lawrence Co.

From there you can put it togeather in the bottom half of bracket.

Just thought i would post this for now to get the thoughts and predictions of this bottom half of the bracketConfusedhh::argue:
PirateNation1971 Wrote:(1) Breathitt County vs. (4) Sheldon Clark (@ BC)
(2) Morgan County vs. (3) Lawrence County (@ MC)
(3) Magoffin County @ (2) Pike County Central
(4) Jackson County @ (1) Belfry

Breathitt vs Sheldon Clark =This game will face the winner of Magoffin Co. vs Pike Co.Central

Belfry vs Jackson Co. =This game will face the winner of Morgan vs Lawrence Co.

From there you can put it togeather in the bottom half of bracket.

Just thought i would post this for now to get the thoughts and predictions of this bottom half of the bracketConfusedhh::argue:

Not writing the other teams off yet, but the Breathitt-Belfry game will be the game to see on this side of the bracket.
Really looking forward to Breathitt/Belfry in the 3rd round, winner of that game should make the state title game to face Central.

Win or lose it should be a great game for highschool football fans to come out and enjoy two legends in Kentucky coaching history battling it out.

Glad it will be on the riverbank in Jackson so I don't have to drive all the way to Belfry, plus I am guaranteed a ticket since I work at the school, better come early for this one if you want a seat.
One thing to note...

the Pike Central / Magoffin Co winner will face the Breathitt Co / Sheldon Clark winner in the 2nd round.

Likewise, the Morgan Co / Lawrence Co winner will face the Belfry / Jackson Co winner in the 2nd round.

Here is the bracket from KHSAA

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...ent_110003
it will either be Belfry or Breathitt County playing Central in Bowling Green for the State Title
Altro Cat Wrote:Really looking forward to Breathitt/Belfry in the 3rd round, winner of that game should make the state title game to face Central.

Win or lose it should be a great game for highschool football fans to come out and enjoy two legends in Kentucky coaching history battling it out.

Glad it will be on the riverbank in Jackson so I don't have to drive all the way to Belfry, plus I am guaranteed a ticket since I work at the school, better come early for this one if you want a seat.

Will be an absolute war.

IMO, heading into the playoffs the Pirates have a leg up on Breathitt in two instances:

1) Belfry has played a tougher schedule and played better teams down the stretch that will have them prepared. With that said, Pike Central will be a very good challenge for Breathitt and really hep nullify this point by the time the two meet.

2) Belfry has played talented spread teams who mirror things Breathitt does very well (Ashland, to a lesser extent Pike Central, and to a much lesser extent Pburg). Breathitt, OTOH, hasn't played a rushing offense in the same hemisphere as what Belfry will bring to the table. The Bobcats two stiffest challenges was Hazard and Somerset who operate primarily out of the spread which plays into the Bobcat's strength.

Breathitt, OTOH, has a key advantage as well:

1) Homefield- Jackson is a tough, tough place to win... especially this late in the season.

Will be an absolute battle!
Strikeout King Wrote:it will either be Belfry or Breathitt County playing Central in Bowling Green for the State Title

before Central make it to Bowling Green, they have to beat Bell Co. in reg 2.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Will be an absolute war.

IMO, heading into the playoffs the Pirates have a leg up on Breathitt in two instances:

1) Belfry has played a tougher schedule and played better teams down the stretch that will have them prepared. With that said, Pike Central will be a very good challenge for Breathitt and really hep nullify this point by the time the two meet.

2) Belfry has played talented spread teams who mirror things Breathitt does very well (Ashland, to a lesser extent Pike Central, and to a much lesser extent Pburg). Breathitt, OTOH, hasn't played a rushing offense in the same hemisphere as what Belfry will bring to the table. The Bobcats two stiffest challenges was Hazard and Somerset who operate primarily out of the spread which plays into the Bobcat's strength.

1) Homefield- Jackson is a tough, tough place to win... especially this late in the season.

I wouldn't say Prestonsburg and Pike Central are talented spread teams who mirror Breathitt's offense. Both can throw the ball very well but to be able to successfully run the spread offense you have to be able to run the ball as well. Breathitt may spread you out but they run between the tackles as well as anyone in the mountains. Breathitt is also legit through the air. Ashland's offense is legit as well but they run different sets out of the spread. It can simply be put that Belfry hasn't seen an offense as balanced as Breathitt's and the bobcats haven't seen an offense as powerful as Belfry. With that being said if these two teams meet it will be a classic.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Will be an absolute war.

I agree 100% and it will be a war there isnt any doult about that....WOW:notworthy
The way I look at things is the team that deserves to to will win. If A team loses, they were not good enough IMO. May the best team win.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Breathitt has to get by Pike Central before they see Belfry. You think PCC is just going to give them the game . I dont think so. I guess we will have to wait and see.
hawkeye Wrote:Breathitt has to get by Pike Central before they see Belfry. You think PCC is just going to give them the game . I dont think so. I guess we will have to wait and see.

if Pike Central and Breahitt meet in the 2nd round,that will be the 1st time they meet each other since Chapman left Breahitt right?and since they both know each other well,it may not be as high scoring as some would think..
cuppett777 Wrote:if Pike Central and Breahitt meet in the 2nd round,that will be the 1st time they meet each other since Chapman left Breahitt right?and since they both know each other well,it may not be as high scoring as some would think..

Last time that Chapman and Holbomb met it was when Chapman was @ Pikeville. The game was hyped as I am sure this game will be, but Breathitt won 33-0 I think.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

cj2561 Wrote:before Central make it to Bowling Green, they have to beat Bell Co. in reg 2.

You can make an argument that on the same night in round 3 of the playoffs, there could have two state-championship quality games just for regional championships. Bell County versus Central and Belfry versus Breathitt. Man, can we petition to play one of those games, if it happens that way, on a Thursday night so we could watch both?? IMO, Central is still the class of 3A... Bell is a solid 2 with Belfry and Breathitt not far behind Bell, and really close to each other. If it does come down to Belfry and Breathitt, the winner of that game is almost a lock for the finals because the other region is weak and either Belfry or Breathitt would be a solid 3 TD favorite over anyone from the region they line up with.
Can Morgan beat Lawrence Co, thoughts? The game will be held at Morgan County Herdman Field.
You can bet Holcomb and Chapman know each other In and Out. This game isn't going to come down to preperation, this game is going to come down to which team has the most talent. With that being said the Bobcats are the more talented team. Breathitt will be playing Belfry for the regional championship.
Football Fan 4 life Wrote:Can Morgan beat Lawrence Co, thoughts? The game will be held at Morgan County Herdman Field.

Anyone can lose on any given night just depends on how bad someone wants it and how much effort that the team puts in it.Sure they could winSmile
I have been waiting on a possible Bell/Belfry matchup all year.............................TongueirateShoGO PIRATES!!!!