Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Owen county 33. Gallatin county 0
Sloppy game by the rebels. But a win is a win Owen go to 9 and 0 and sweeps their district. :1:
Congrats Rebels
Nice win
The Owen County Rebels will host The Newport Wildcats in 2 weeks
I guess the player Gallatin had to stop Williams was sick tonight... Confusednicker:
Congrats Owen County, what a great season for them.
What a fantastic season for Owen. I don't think anyone expected them to go undefeated in the regular season
i hear newport is a very drity team anybody care to explan are they not coach well or just no respect
I guess "drity" is dirty so...
I have only seen Newport play once this year
IMO they do not play dirty at all
no personal fouls or questional calls that I can recall
They play hard but that does = dirty IMO
I think Owen will win by about 20-28 but the Wildcats will
put up a fight
Nice winning streak
What is the program record for most wins in
Rebel football history? I suspect they will get at least 11 this year
congrats
We are focusing on Ludlow right now we dont over look anybody. Newport may not be a big dog in the region but we worry about everybody and will play them just as hard. And dont judge us on the gallatin game, if your from owen you know there was alot goin on this week. Two of our players lost family, our starting d-tackle went out with an acl tear, and our school suffered a loss. It may not have been the dominating win our fans wanted and deserved but we had some major obstacles this week, and we still overcame them and won, with a shut out none the less.
No the player that was supposed to handle Williams wasn't sick.and I will admit Williams is pretty good for as tall as he is.The thing that I don't understand is a kid that tall and so good sure pushes off alot and seldom gets caught.When you watch the film of the game,on at least 4 of his catches he pushed off the corner. But I guess that's football. Oh and the kid on Williams he did have two picks.Cuongratulations to the rebels
superdave1957 Wrote:No the player that was supposed to handle Williams wasn't sick.and I will admit Williams is pretty good for as tall as he is.The thing that I don't understand is a kid that tall and so good sure pushes off alot and seldom gets caught.When you watch the film of the game,on at least 4 of his catches he pushed off the corner. But I guess that's football. Oh and the kid on Williams he did have two picks.Cuongratulations to the rebels

Well Williams did 3 touchdowns, 200+yards, 2 fumble recoveries, and 3 sacks...you don't get all of that from being tall.
WeBelieve Wrote:Nice winning streak
What is the program record for most wins in
Rebel football history? I suspect they will get at least 11 this year
congrats

The 1977 team went 9-0 to start the year, believe the 10th game was a loss that knocked them out of the district race and no playoff berth. The 1980 team started 6-0 before their first loss, then ended up 10-2 with a loss in the state semifinals.

I may be wrong on this one, but since the 1980 season, the program has had winning seasons in 1991 and (I think) 1994. That's it.
as a player at oc it was a really tough week i am one of them players who lost a family member and it was really tough idc if a team hasn't won a game all yr we all still take the game like it is the last game we will ever play .. every body out side of the oc rebel team thought we was gonna get 4 or 5 wins but our team is like a big family when we get down our team mates are there to help us Smile
rebel 4 life Wrote:i hear newport is a very drity team anybody care to explan are they not coach well or just no respect
I've watch Newport play several times, and NO I don't have anyone playing for Newport, just watched several games against other teams, but I would defiantely say they DO NOT play dirty, I know the coach and he is a stand up guy, very respectful coach and person.
I'm not taking anything away from Williams,2 fumble recoveries,3 sacks had nothing to do with be tall.his 200+ yards receiving had alot with being tall.doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that.6'7" kid against 5'10" its a no brainer. Like I said,good player and wish him and the Rebels good luck.