Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott Central 60 Owsley County 58 -- OT
Owsley had every chance in the world to win this game, leading by 6 with a little over a minute left in the game, but KCC came back and took the lead by 2. Owsley hit a shot with 3 seconds left that the radio at first thought was a three to win the game, but it turned out the player's toe was on the line. Owsley took the lead in OT but Knott came back and tied the game, and then went ahead on two free throws by Stamper. Owsley had 3 shots at the basket in the final seconds but couldn't connect.

Not a bad game for the Owls considering the loss of players that they have had during the season. Robert Smith had 20 points and the sophomores had a total of 38. Their youth hurt them though, they had around 25 turnovers and missed too many free throws.
Did Neeley play?
It was a great game to watch whether you was an Owsley fan or a KCC fan. Robert Smith hit a contested half court shot in the final seconds of the 1st quarter. Matt Wright pulled up big for the Owls and hit the shot that sent the Owls into OT. Owsley has a bad tendency to let their lead slip. And after loosing Daniel Neeley, I believe the Owls did an incredible job against a good KCC team.

The Owls nearly had a chance to send into Double Overtime but missed it. Could have been a big win for the Owls, they just pulled up a little short. Great job Owls.

A note to Free Throw. Neeley quit the team so he did not play tonight. The Owls will need him desperatly next year without Robert Smith being there, hopefully he dicides to dress up in Marron and White come next season.
I don't know the kid, but he was the only one who shook hands after the game.with JBS. That is a plus for him, in my book.
As far as I know, I see the owls shake hands every game. However, he sat on the bench and didn't dress out for the owls. I suppose giving them moral support.
"free throw" Wrote:I don't know the kid, but he was the only one who shook hands after the game. That is a plus for him, in my book.

Which team was this boy from?
The rest of the kids were celebrating, I understand that. It was the all A tourny. He just made an effort.
"free throw" Wrote:I don't know the kid, but he was the only one who shook hands after the game.with JBS. That is a plus for him, in my book.
If you're talking about the Owsley-JBS game I think what happened there was that the Owsley Pep section rushed the floor after the game and surrounded a lot of the players....then they got caught up in the celebration. By the time all the hopping around and hugging got finished, JBS had gone to their dressing room.
The games I've seen this year all the Owsley players and coaches have lined up and shook the other team's player's hand.
DOC sort of hit it on the head. The players didn't have a chance to go shake hands. And it was a very nice thing of Neeley to do to take time out of celebration to show his sportmanship.
Good game...Congrats KCC
Congrats KCC
Congrats KCC!
Congrats KCC.
It was a great game or thats how it sounded on the radio. The pike kid had a great game. So did the stamper and mosely hitting some key 3 pnt shots. Good win PATS keep up the good work!!!!
good game for the pats there on a 3 game winnin streak!!!!!!!
I heard that Neeley will be back for the rest of the season.
That will be great news to Owsley faithful. Maybe they can pull it together and make a little noise in the post-season.
Good win for the Pats, a win is a win, no matter if it is by 1 or 20.
I think the Owls are looking pretty good now and will not be the easy win that the Bobcats are expecting. [/U]
"KYGal" Wrote:I think the Owls are looking pretty good now and will not be the easy win that the Bobcats are expecting. [/U]
Are you talking about Breathitt or Lee County? I think that the teams in the 14th region are about the same as far as "team-strength" and just about anyone can win every night out. I have not seen the region so wide open in years, if ever in my lifetime.
"Enigma" Wrote:Are you talking about Breathitt or Lee County? I think that the teams in the 14th region are about the same as far as "team-strength" and just about anyone can win every night out. I have not seen the region so wide open in years, if ever in my lifetime.
It could be either they are referring to.:watch: The Owls play the Breathitt Bobcats on February 23, and then play the Lee Bobcats in the first round of the district tournament.
KCC needs a big man before district, they dont have one and if they dont get one then if they get lucky in make it to the region, then they will be in trouble because they dont have a big man to guard the, Morgans, Day, and Bailey. They are in trouble
congrats
sounds like a good game
it seems to me that owsley is playing mind games this neeley deal i think it was a set up from the start,
Trust me I don't think anyone at Owsley is playing mind games with anyone. They have won 4 ballgames all year, if they were playing mind games i would be dressing someone about 6'9" in an Owsley uniform and taking pictures and sending it out to local papers. Come on guys the kid is tore between his friends wanting him to play and outside people telling him not to simple as that.
"go big blue" Wrote:it seems to me that owsley is playing mind games this neeley deal i think it was a set up from the start,
Yeah!:Hammer3: The Owls are 4-18. So I guess they came upon a plan to have their leading scorer sit out for 3 games and then come back to the team and shock everyone by rolling in their final two games and upsetting Lee County in the district tournament.:please: Get real!!!
If you believe that then I have some ocean front property in Nebraska I would sell you at a bargain price.Smile
dose owsley really need neeley any way! I mean they almost beat kcc.
"Softballgirl#25" Wrote:dose owsley really need neeley any way! I mean they almost beat kcc.

Are you kidding? Yes they need him
"Softballgirl#25" Wrote:dose owsley really need neeley any way! I mean they almost beat kcc.
With him they would have beaten Knott Central 10 to 15 points. And they wouldn't have had as many turnovers, which is really what cost them the game.