Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley Expectations
How will Shelby Valley do. I know coach but do not know his players. What type of team will they be and what about there potential?:Hammer3:
Theyve got talent but the pfoblem is that this is the 3rd new system in 4 years these kids have had to learn. I dont see them beating belfry or P-burg or sheldon clark and I dont know hwat theyre non-district schedule is but if they go 5-5 they should be happy.
I don't know about that p-burg was good last year and we wasn't that great and we was beating them until they called the game like 4 or 5 times, and our qb made us lose the sheldon clark game or we would have beat them
according to Matewan (WV) High School they play Shelby Valley @ South Floyd in a Bowl game
I expect the same old thing at Valley. A usual 4-6 team or 5-5 at best. Does it EVER get any different?
mingobelfryfan Wrote:according to Matewan (WV) High School they play Shelby Valley @ South Floyd in a Bowl game

is matewan anygood?
HeartOFaChampion Wrote:is matewan anygood?

Matewan has been competitive for years. They will beat Valley in this game.

:wieghts:
HeartOFaChampion Wrote:I don't know about that p-burg was good last year and we wasn't that great and we was beating them until they called the game like 4 or 5 times, and our qb made us lose the sheldon clark game or we would have beat them
It was nice you came close but did you win? Why did the game at P-burg being postponed a time or 2 affect your play? Apparently it didnt hurt P-burg. And dont blame one player for losing a game it is a team effort. I think Im going to right a book titled "WOULDA,COULDA,SHOULDA:The history of Shelby Valley Football"
PantherPride68 Wrote:It was nice you came close but did you win? Why did the game at P-burg being postponed a time or 2 affect your play? Apparently it didnt hurt P-burg. And dont blame one player for losing a game it is a team effort. I think Im going to right a book titled "WOULDA,COULDA,SHOULDA:The history of Shelby Valley Football"

maybe you should, i would be the first to buy it.Smile
What do they have returning on both sides of the ball for those who know the program?
The Offense will return Junior Quarterback Tyler Johnson..Running Backs Senior John Johnson, Juniors Jonah Justice and Brock Kinney and Sophmore Cody Mitchell...Wide Recievers Senior Colby Newsome and Juniors Jacob Bryant and Lucas Simpkins, Senior Linemen Tyler Cable and Shad Newsome and Juniors Eric Althauser Jr. and Daniel Gillespie
It could be a long night for Shelby Valley when they play Matewan (remember Matewan is where David Jones played his freshman and sophmore years of high school a) and they have two very talented RB's comming back this season in Calvin Wilkerson and Paul McCoy... the past few years they haven't dressed more than 20 players but they are always really tough and come out to play.
PantherPride68 Wrote:It was nice you came close but did you win? Why did the game at P-burg being postponed a time or 2 affect your play? Apparently it didnt hurt P-burg. And dont blame one player for losing a game it is a team effort. I think Im going to right a book titled "WOULDA,COULDA,SHOULDA:The history of Shelby Valley Football"
:lol:
There is as much talent there as there is at alot of other places...they're are also alot of problems that keep the talent in check...not right away, but in the future (as for the past 10 years) they could be tough!
i-dono Wrote:There is as much talent there as there is at alot of other places...they're are also alot of problems that keep the talent in check...not right away, but in the future (as for the past 10 years) they could be tough!

Reminds me of that age-old quote:
"Things are more like they are now than they've ever been."
They will be better
Ive heard the honeymoons already over with the new coach up there.Confusedecret:
What do you mean the honeymoon is already over???
braves1 Wrote:What do you mean the honeymoon is already over???
I was talking to some folks from up that way over the weekend and they said his attitude was already starting to ruffle some feathers up there. Just what I heard, Ive never met the man.
What he is making them work and be held accountable
When you are not used to working hard and putting forth the effort to win, feathers will ruffle early. But once the losing attitude is gone success will come.
Very good post. The same thing was said when he was at JJ Kelly
They do not like it when somone tries to run a program the right way and make them work. I am surprised they were able to find a coach to take that job.
Well if I know Kevin Saunders he is never backing down from a challenge. I am curious to see what he will do there.
roadrunner Wrote:They do not like it when somone tries to run a program the right way and make them work. I am surprised they were able to find a coach to take that job.
This is sad
i mean Look at what this program has been through
This year seniors have been through 4 diff coaches
How in the world do suspect sucess with a diff coach and a new system each yr
I mean at the end of each yr the start to get used to it then start playin together and better
but then the nex yr they hav 2 start all over again
I don't think SV will beat the power houses like P-burg or Belfry
but i do think you'll see a big change in the SV program