Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expo Regional-Tickets-$5,$6,or $10 !
I think it's great they are having regionals at the expo center!!
I know if its 50 dollars a game ill be there to watch my girls play (MC).
I love the idea of the region being held there. As far as the tickets go thats just how it is today, I figure maybe some schools may find a way to get their fans to the game on a discount, When I was at South Floyd the year they went to Rupp Arena I do believe the quarterback club bought a bunch of tickets for some of the fans that didnt have the means to go to the game. If the attendance isnt great ticket prices may drop. However, with this regions love of basketball I doubt 10 dollar tickets will keep a great deal of people away from the games.
"Pirate Pal" Wrote:If my child is there...I'm paying!!!

It funny that people will pay $100.00 per ticket to see a concert, but complain about $10.00 to see area kids do something they love and work so hard for.

Couldnt agree more Pirate Pal
Yeah but you gotta look at people that have no dog in the fight. People that are just spectators. 10.00 is kinda rediculous compared to the usual 4 or 5 dollars. I'd pay it, but not every night like I used to with regional tourneys of old.
"blackcatfan4life" Wrote:Yeah but you gotta look at people that have no dog in the fight. People that are just spectators. 10.00 is kinda rediculous compared to the usual 4 or 5 dollars. I'd pay it, but not every night like I used to with regional tourneys of old.

nice post.

I know several people who would take the whole family to watch the regionals, but if tickets were 10 bucks and a family of 4 plus parking, food etc. Then the idea of watching the game on WPRG seems very appealing.

I know its not the same as being there but if you are just a fan of the game and not the team then 10 buck would have hurt attendence.

It's hard enough to fill the local gym's at 4 and 5 bucks and for the girls games near impossible.

I am looking forward to see how this turns out.
I think it is a great idea to have the regional at the Expo, I think they should have it there every year.
I'll be paying for a family of five. I'll be there!! No doubt!! Over all I think it will be great!!! But I also understand that some people who support their child cannot always afford that kind of money for games, especially several nights of it! Plus their gas and food times how many games.....I am wondering about the tickets though. Thats "my" main concern. We usually have a whole crew that sits together family/friends, makes for even more fun! But reserved seating "can" make that tough! Plus is your ticket good for the day or just one game? If its good for the day, will people from the earlier games have to move when their game is over to let the parents/sibblings/friends/fans have good seats to their own kids playing and cheering for games starting later in the day? Sad as it is, Everybody is not considerate and could care less if you have good seats for your own games or not...just something to think about. Hope it all goes well!
I think this is awsome and will draw a big crowd
"jayblackcat2006" Wrote:That can amount to nothing more than a shoot-around.

confused????
$5
I heard on 95.5 radio station that Reserved is $6 and General is $5 so I don't know how much the tickets are I am confused... Oh well I guess I will see when I get there lol. But $3 for pop.... whooo I guess I'll have to get someone to slip me a cup of water from the bench...lol
I heard on 95.5 that the tickets where $5 for general and $6 received... I am confused what the price is so i will see when i get there lol.... But $3 for a pop geezzz thats up there... shew guess I will have to get someone to slip me a cup of water from the bench.. lol
I'm not real sure of ticket prices but if Q95 posted it then it's true. And the thing about passes is false also. Appalachian Wireless is one of the sponsors of the tournament and I work for them and I have 3 passes so that's completely false.
If 8,000 people will pay $40-$50 to watch an idiot like Kid Rock then surely people will pay $8 or $10 to watch HS basketball. Come on that is a no-brainer!! Hey by the way.....this just in...The Pikeville Panthers are back in the Regional Tournament!!! I will gladly fork over any amount of $$$ to watch them play!!!!!
I didn't read thru the entire thread, but I was told tickets will be $7.00 an they are on sale online thru ticket master right now.
Tickets are on sale now for $6, plus ticketmaster charges
ticketmaster.com
east ky expo box office or charge by phone at 433-1793
So just like I said 6 months ago tickets are $10.00 bucks -
$6.00 ticket plus $1.00 building charge plus $2.95 convenience charge, if you get them will call. You print them out it is $3.00 more per order.

A family of 4 is $40.00 worth of tickets plus $5.00 parking charge plus $12.00 worth of Coke plus $7.00 program plus $10.00 misc............ your looking at $75.00 to watch a highschool basketball game......

Damn joke.
I have heard that there will be restrictions on passes and they are still working on the details.
"rebel mom" Wrote:I have heard that there will be restrictions on passes and they are still working on the details.
Typically, the schools participating have a vote on the details of passes allowed. Probably won't be decided until the draw meeting Sunday.
"NEXT" Wrote:So just like I said 6 months ago tickets are $10.00 bucks -
$6.00 ticket plus $1.00 building charge plus $2.95 convenience charge, if you get them will call. You print them out it is $3.00 more per order.

A family of 4 is $40.00 worth of tickets plus $5.00 parking charge plus $12.00 worth of Coke plus $7.00 program plus $10.00 misc............ your looking at $75.00 to watch a highschool basketball game......

Damn joke.
Actually there is no charge for will call pickup and parking is free at the parking garage....Next, you sound as if you are dead set on seeing the tourney at the expo center...but if you are going to bash ticket prices or parking(which is not the expo center) please get the facts straight about prices so as not to misinform.
$9.95 if you get it will call I rounded to $10

I think it is a great idea to have it the Expo Center BUT that is too much money for a ticket, and the concessions are wayyyyy overpriced. Like I said its a great idea but they doomed it to fail IMHO........
I have seen different prices listed. People keep listing 6 or 7 dollars but people keep taking about it being 10 dollars...which is it? There are several good resturnats in Pikeville so hit them up before going in the Expo and you will get better food for a lot cheaper. People can park in the parking garage on the corner of Hambley and Huffman for free and make the short walk to the arena.

If tickets are indeed 6 or 7 dollars can't you just walk up to the ticket window before the game and buy a ticket for that amount? I doubt that any of the games will sell the Expo out and from what I can tell there isn't really a bad seat in the house so it should work out good.

Hopefully everything goes good and this will become the permanent home of the 15th regional tournament because it without a doubt should be IMO.
I didnt know this.So does the athletic directer of the schools attend these meetings to vote?
"PHSFAN" Wrote:I have seen different prices listed. People keep listing 6 or 7 dollars but people keep taking about it being 10 dollars...which is it? There are several good resturnats in Pikeville so hit them up before going in the Expo and you will get better food for a lot cheaper. People can park in the parking garage on the corner of Hambley and Huffman for free and make the short walk to the arena.

If tickets are indeed 6 or 7 dollars can't you just walk up to the ticket window before the game and buy a ticket for that amount? I doubt that any of the games will sell the Expo out and from what I can tell there isn't really a bad seat in the house so it should work out good.

Hopefully everything goes good and this will become the permanent home of the 15th regional tournament because it without a doubt should be IMO.

The face value of the ticket is indeed $6.00 BUT ticket master fees add the extra $4 bucks.
$10 is too much for these tickets... I went to buy 7 online and after the fees it was over $70.00 ....and that was will call, so no shipping or printing charge.
Buy them at the door there will be no ticketmaster charges.
"NEXT" Wrote:$9.95 if you get it will call I rounded to $10

I think it is a great idea to have it the Expo Center BUT that is too much money for a ticket, and the concessions are wayyyyy overpriced. Like I said its a great idea but they doomed it to fail IMHO........
The EXPO center has been a huge success through 6 months, hardly "doomed to fail".

The EXPO center is for events, not concession sales. Eat dinner before the game.

TICKETS ARE $6 AT THE BOX OFFICE..no additional fees added at the door, just as if the schools hosted it.

TICKETS ARE $6 AT THE BOX OFFICE
"NEXT" Wrote:$9.95 if you get it will call I rounded to $10

Well if you think its overpriced stay home and leave all of us that are planning to go support our athletes no matter what price we have to pay alone about it! Because i know that if i had to pay $20.00 a ticket id gladly pay to watch my hornets play. and as far as concessions dont eat or drink anything geez kinda easy if you think about it.

GO LADY HORNETS!!!!! :wenumber1 :dance: