Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Florida 48 - Kentucky 10
UK is officially the worse team in the Sec . Fire joker n let's get some one in here to build program
paintsvilletigerfan Wrote:thats a joke right? The old fellers in charge of the athletic department use football to make money to spend on their precious basketball program. I love uk basketball but i hate the way that it takes precedent over everything else. The football team brings in alot more money than basketball yet when they wanted new scoreboards they had to ask for outside interests to pay for it. The university will not support this program that is why no big name players will come to kentucky. It isn't the coaches fault it is the university. It has always been this way. The fans don't help how the hell are we supposed to get a big name football player to not go to florida or alabama when they get on websites like this and see people posting that they can't wait for basketball season, or it is time to cancel the schedule, or any stupid shit like that. This is kentucky football. Not basketball we have never had big time success at least not since the 50's yet you guys act like we should be in a position to win the toughest conference in all of sports. You cannot stress how tough this schedule is for a team with little depth. Next week we have lsu, the best damn team in the country at their house which is the toughest place to play in the country. The we go to south carolina who is the most talented team in our division. I honestly would like to see how many "big time" programs outside of this conference have a schedule as tough as ours, yet you guys say it should be tougher. I swear we have to have the most blind to the obvious fanbase in sports, we lose 99.999% of our offense yet we are still supposed to score at will on people. We have an offensive line that has been plagued by injury problems yet, they are supposed to play in mid season form. We have a young receiving corp yet, they are supposed to play perfect. We have all new backs, yet they are supposed to get a 80 yard touchdown every play. We have a damn good quarterback who will start in the nfl one day yet according to posters on here he is terrible. Yeah i can see pretty easily why no big name player would go to kentucky, crappy facilities (other than the weightroom), a school that could care less, and the least knowledgeable fanbase in all of college football who can't seem to realise that this is a program building talent for the future, not a team that has won 5 straight sec titles. I'll never forget last year when everyone said how bad a recruiting class we had, when it was the best one this school has ever had. That pretty much says it all.
we not saying we want to win every game.we just want to have a chance to win.we buy the tickets is that to much to ask?
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Thats a joke right? The old fellers in charge of the athletic department use football to make money to spend on their precious Basketball program. I love UK basketball but I hate the way that it takes precedent over everything else. The football team brings in alot more money than basketball yet when they wanted new scoreboards they had to ask for outside interests to pay for it. The University will not support this program that is why no big name players will come to Kentucky. It isn't the coaches fault it is the University. It has always been this way. The fans don't help how the hell are we supposed to get a big name football player to not go to Florida or alabama when they get on websites like this and see people posting that they can't wait for basketball season, or it Is time to cancel the schedule, or any stupid shit like that. THIS IS KENTUCKY FOOTBALL. not basketball we have never had big time success at least not since the 50's yet you guys act like we should be in a position to win the toughest conference in all of sports. You cannot stress how tough this schedule is for a team with Little depth. Next week we have LSU, the best damn team in the country at their house which is the toughest place to play in the country. The we go to South Carolina who is the most talented team in our division. I honestly would like to see how many "big time" programs outside of this conference have a schedule as tough as ours, yet you guys say it should be tougher. I swear we have to have the most blind to the obvious fanbase in sports, We lose 99.999% of our offense yet we are still supposed to score at will on people. We have an offensive line that has been plagued by injury problems yet, they are supposed to play in mid season form. We have a young receiving corp yet, they are supposed to play perfect. We have all new backs, yet they are supposed to get a 80 yard touchdown every play. We have a damn good quarterback who will start in the NFL one day yet according to posters on here he is terrible. Yeah I can see pretty easily why no big name player would go to Kentucky, Crappy facilities (other than the weightroom), A school that could care less, and the least knowledgeable fanbase in all of college football who can't seem to realise that This is a program building talent for the future, not a team that has won 5 straight SEC titles. I'll never forget last year when everyone said how bad a recruiting class we had, When it was the best one this school has ever had. That pretty much says it all.
To say we have a damn good QB who will start in the NFL one day is LAUGHABLE to put it kindly!!! How you can make that comment is ABSOLUTELY unbelievable!!! How would you explain then that a former QB (Andre Woodson) who lit college football up for a couple years and who is leaps and bounds better than Newton, cannot even make an NFL roster??
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Thats a joke right? The old fellers in charge of the athletic department use football to make money to spend on their precious Basketball program. I love UK basketball but I hate the way that it takes precedent over everything else. The football team brings in alot more money than basketball yet when they wanted new scoreboards they had to ask for outside interests to pay for it. The University will not support this program that is why no big name players will come to Kentucky. It isn't the coaches fault it is the University. It has always been this way. The fans don't help how the hell are we supposed to get a big name football player to not go to Florida or alabama when they get on websites like this and see people posting that they can't wait for basketball season, or it Is time to cancel the schedule, or any stupid shit like that. THIS IS KENTUCKY FOOTBALL. not basketball we have never had big time success at least not since the 50's yet you guys act like we should be in a position to win the toughest conference in all of sports. You cannot stress how tough this schedule is for a team with Little depth. Next week we have LSU, the best damn team in the country at their house which is the toughest place to play in the country. The we go to South Carolina who is the most talented team in our division. I honestly would like to see how many "big time" programs outside of this conference have a schedule as tough as ours, yet you guys say it should be tougher. I swear we have to have the most blind to the obvious fanbase in sports, We lose 99.999% of our offense yet we are still supposed to score at will on people. We have an offensive line that has been plagued by injury problems yet, they are supposed to play in mid season form. We have a young receiving corp yet, they are supposed to play perfect. We have all new backs, yet they are supposed to get a 80 yard touchdown every play. We have a damn good quarterback who will start in the NFL one day yet according to posters on here he is terrible. Yeah I can see pretty easily why no big name player would go to Kentucky, Crappy facilities (other than the weightroom), A school that could care less, and the least knowledgeable fanbase in all of college football who can't seem to realise that This is a program building talent for the future, not a team that has won 5 straight SEC titles. I'll never forget last year when everyone said how bad a recruiting class we had, When it was the best one this school has ever had. That pretty much says it all.

You have lost all perspective.
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:To say we have a damn good QB who will start in the NFL one day is LAUGHABLE to put it kindly!!! How you can make that comment is ABSOLUTELY unbelievable!!! How would you explain then that a former QB (Andre Woodson) who lit college football up for a couple years and who is leaps and bounds better than Newton, cannot even make an NFL roster??

Woodson was not even close to as good as Newton this many starts into his career, woodson had a ton of weapons to throw to. Burton, Johnson, Tamme, and Lyons all four were fantastic players and three of the four are playing significant time in the NFL. Plus they never dropped passes, and generally were always open. He also had a fullback and two running backs who could catch passes out of the backfield. Plus he had an offensive line that would let him sit back their all day and wait to throw. We gave up ZERO count them ZERO sacks against lsu that year. Which happened to have the best defensive front in football. Woodson looked good in college for that reason. Hell with those receivers how could anyone look bad. Newton on the other hand gets pressured to much and Then when he gets a throw off the receivers drop it. If woodson had a team like this he would have been in just as bad of shape as Newton.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Woodson was not even close to as good as Newton this many starts into his career, woodson had a ton of weapons to throw to. Burton, Johnson, Tamme, and Lyons all four were fantastic players and three of the four are playing significant time in the NFL. Plus they never dropped passes, and generally were always open. He also had a fullback and two running backs who could catch passes out of the backfield. Plus he had an offensive line that would let him sit back their all day and wait to throw. We gave up ZERO count them ZERO sacks against lsu that year. Which happened to have the best defensive front in football. Woodson looked good in college for that reason. Hell with those receivers how could anyone look bad. Newton on the other hand gets pressured to much and Then when he gets a throw off the receivers drop it. If woodson had a team like this he would have been in just as bad of shape as Newton.

I can agree with that part. ITs hard to tell what newton could accomplish if the receivers would make some plays and give him some room to work with. They would be forced to cover more down field and not blitz so much.
Aslan Wrote:You have lost all perspective.

So you think this university has done everything it can to build this program? And that we have a great supportive and understanding fan base that is knowledgeable of college football?
Aslan Wrote:You have lost all perspective.

Ohh yeah I guess we get off with a easy conference schedule too don't we. You can't insult me like that unless you can honestly rebut what I say.

I have followed UK football My whole life and unlike the people on here I remember the Bill Curry era. I remember going 1-10 I remember when Tim couch was the greatest thing ever until he went to the NFL and proved he was a system quarterback. I remember 04, and 05 when the talent that started this bowl streak off was young and inexperienced and lost games they should have won because of it. Then I remember how that same group who lost to Ohio went on to Beat LSU, and get two straight bowl victories. And I am seeing that exact same situation now, we have 3 good tailbacks, all of which are sophomores or younger we have a good junior quarterback, we have alot of talent coming up, But the one thing no coaching staff can teach them is experience in a sec game they have to build that. Once that gets built this will be one of the best teams we have had in a long time but it will not be this year, and maybe not even next year, but it will come. This has happened before, and it will happen again. Kentucky is honestly probably the worst coaching job in major football because of the unrealistic expectations the fans have.

This is a very very young team we cannot expect what you expect out of them and no coach can change the fact that this is kentucky football.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I can agree with that part. ITs hard to tell what newton could accomplish if the receivers would make some plays and give him some room to work with. They would be forced to cover more down field and not blitz so much.

Newton will be fantastic once he gets a decent set of receivers until then he will look terrible, But peyton manning wouldnt do one bit better in this situation. When you have receivers dropping perfect passes you are screwed.
I was mostly referring to your comment about Newton playing in the NFL. Well actually your entire post in general. Stop making excuses for this BAD team.
Aslan Wrote:Like others have said, the blame is on the receivers hands more than Newtons. Sure sometimes he's inaccurate and holds the ball too long, but not even Tom Brady could be successful with receivers that can't make the simplest catches.
About the game in general; Perry Central, playing the way they did Friday, could have at least played UK competitive tonight Big Grin

You watching the West Virginia game, bro?

LOL

Football24 Wrote:LSU will beat them worse then florida did!! LSU has the 2nd best defense in the nation very closely behind alabama.

I agree.

ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Its almost basketball time again.

Thank god, right?

Wildcatk23 Wrote:Agreed.

The money is there why not spend it on a good coach.

If UK put as much money on football as they did on basketball, we'd be in the mix of things that's for sure. But we will always be known for Basketball instead of Football.. Which I'm fine with.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Newton will be fantastic once he gets a decent set of receivers until then he will look terrible, But peyton manning wouldnt do one bit better in this situation. When you have receivers dropping perfect passes you are screwed.

I like newton. But he throws way to many balls out of control. He is not that good of a passer.
Newton doesn't make good reads and he doesn't throw a very good ball. I can agree that he doesn't have the same crop of players Woodson had, but Woodson was 10x better than Newton at this point. Newton isn't going to have time to grow into a great quarterback because he's already a junior.

Blame shouldn't be on him though, it should be on Joker and his staff.
Stardust Wrote:Well, there were two very positive things that I saw

1. Cats scored
2. Cats held the Gators to less than 50
Sad

:biglmao:
Kentucky will never be able to compete for SEC championships year in and year out, regardless of who the coach is. Look at the rosters of the top programs. The majority of their players are in state, the state of Kentucky does not produce enough talent for UK to compete in the SEC with Kentucky as its home recruiting ground.
The thought of just throwing out more money to hire a top name coach to come here and change this program is laughable at best IMO for the reason above. If that were the case, it would have been done long ago.

I did not expect much different of an outcome in the Florida game, they have too much talent regardless of the way UK has played in the first three games.

As far as Newton goes, he will be fine. Just give him some help: block for him and catch his passes. He may or may not make it in the NFL, only time will tell on that.

I've been supportive of this program for several decades and have seen a lot of losing seasons. The last several years, while not being championship type seasons, have been a change and enjoyable. I am not satisfied though, I want to win every game but I am realistic.
This season isn't over yet, It can be salvaged somewhat. It is hard on UK playing in the toughest conference in the country every year.

Just my two cents worth!!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Newton doesn't make good reads and he doesn't throw a very good ball. I can agree that he doesn't have the same crop of players Woodson had, but Woodson was 10x better than Newton at this point. Newton isn't going to have time to grow into a great quarterback because he's already a junior.

Blame shouldn't be on him though, it should be on Joker and his staff.

As a junior woodson was better but this many starts into his career everybody was calling for him to be replaced. Everybody seems to forget that nobody liked woodson until he became good. His first year as a starter everyone wanted him replaced. But alas that is the life of a kentucky quarterback.
64cat Wrote:Kentucky will never be able to compete for SEC championships year in and year out, regardless of who the coach is. Look at the rosters of the top programs. The majority of their players are in state, the state of Kentucky does not produce enough talent for UK to compete in the SEC with Kentucky as its home recruiting ground.
The thought of just throwing out more money to hire a top name coach to come here and change this program is laughable at best IMO for the reason above. If that were the case, it would have been done long ago.

I did not expect much different of an outcome in the Florida game, they have too much talent regardless of the way UK has played in the first three games.

As far as Newton goes, he will be fine. Just give him some help: block for him and catch his passes. He may or may not make it in the NFL, only time will tell on that.

I've been supportive of this program for several decades and have seen a lot of losing seasons. The last several years, while not being championship type seasons, have been a change and enjoyable. I am not satisfied though, I want to win every game but I am realistic.
This season isn't over yet, It can be salvaged somewhat. It is hard on UK playing in the toughest conference in the country every year.Just my two cents worth!!

You are one of the few fans to realise just how hard it is to buil a program in this conference.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Ohh yeah I guess we get off with a easy conference schedule too don't we. You can't insult me like that unless you can honestly rebut what I say.

I have followed UK football My whole life and unlike the people on here I remember the Bill Curry era. I remember going 1-10 I remember when Tim couch was the greatest thing ever until he went to the NFL and proved he was a system quarterback. I remember 04, and 05 when the talent that started this bowl streak off was young and inexperienced and lost games they should have won because of it. Then I remember how that same group who lost to Ohio went on to Beat LSU, and get two straight bowl victories. And I am seeing that exact same situation now, we have 3 good tailbacks, all of which are sophomores or younger we have a good junior quarterback, we have alot of talent coming up, But the one thing no coaching staff can teach them is experience in a sec game they have to build that. Once that gets built this will be one of the best teams we have had in a long time but it will not be this year, and maybe not even next year, but it will come. This has happened before, and it will happen again. Kentucky is honestly probably the worst coaching job in major football because of the unrealistic expectations the fans have.

This is a very very young team we cannot expect what you expect out of them and no coach can change the fact that this is kentucky football.

I don't agree with your statement about Couch. Coach put up some pretty good numbers in the NFL playing for a expansion team that he led to the playoffs. He didn't get to play in the playoff game because of a Broken leg! You talk about a QB beat to death who had a bad o-line in front of him. After the Shoulder injury he just didn't have to arm left to make a NFL team!