Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
52nd district favorite
1. Middlesboro
2. Harlan County
3. Bell County
4. Harlan

Middlesboro returns Thomas Epperson who is a top 3 pitcher and a top 3 player in the 13th region. He already holds an offer from LMU and will be visited by UofL during the season I have been told. Combine that with returning seniors Bubba Brock ©, Timmy Helton (1B), Austin Baker (2B), Nick Capps (OF), and Chris Short (OF) and I'd say this team is ready for a run.

Harlan County is going to be a very tough game however and I wouldn't be surprised to see them take one from Middlesboro during the season. They return a slew of players from last year's district championship team. That being said, they didn't have to face Epperson. That will not be the case this year. If you will remember correctly, Middlesboro was actually the 1 overall seed last year but Bell County had to forfeit their district wins, which made them the 4 seed. This gave HC an off day by being able to play Harlan and thus, had every pitcher at their disposal. When Middlesboro takes care of business again this year, they will have Epperson waiting on HC in the championship is they can get by Cox from Bell County.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:1. Middlesboro
2. Harlan County
3. Bell County
4. Harlan

Middlesboro returns Thomas Epperson who is a top 3 pitcher and a top 3 player in the 13th region. He already holds an offer from LMU and will be visited by UofL during the season I have been told. Combine that with returning seniors Bubba Brock ©, Timmy Helton (1B), Austin Baker (2B), Nick Capps (OF), and Chris Short (OF) and I'd say this team is ready for a run.

Harlan County is going to be a very tough game however and I wouldn't be surprised to see them take one from Middlesboro during the season. They return a slew of players from last year's district championship team. That being said, they didn't have to face Epperson. That will not be the case this year. If you will remember correctly, Middlesboro was actually the 1 overall seed last year but Bell County had to forfeit their district wins, which made them the 4 seed. This gave HC an off day by being able to play Harlan and thus, had every pitcher at their disposal. When Middlesboro takes care of business again this year, they will have Epperson waiting on HC in the championship is they can get by Cox from Bell County.

Top 3 pitcher, yes.

Top 3 player, no.
This Harlan County team will come out and surprise alot of people this year. They'll be a very solid, talented team. Man, I wish it was baseball time in the bluegrass!
Is is soooo close...I can almost smell the grass and leather
I'm looking forward to watching the 52nd District Tournament @ the new Harlan County baseball facility.