Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pikeville
54.55%
Swain County, NC
45.45%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville @ Swain County, NC 9/24
Didn't see a thread about this

I don't know anything about this North Carolina team.

I'll take the Panthers

thoughts?
They are ranked number 2 in Class 1A according to calpreps.
Swain County beat Gatlinburg-Pittman 35-0, a team Knox Central beat by a similar score. I see Swain County winning this one.

Swain County 34
Pikeville 14

I'll be cheering for Pikeville against the out of state team of course, and I hope they can pull this one off. Go Panthers!
NC 1A is pretty darn strong year in and out...this team is considered widely to be a Top 5 team in that class.

Swain County- 36
Pikeville- 14
Interesting that they are taking a trip this far mid-way into the season. It's pretty cool. Good luck to Pikeville
^ Very good Match up considering Pikeville is 1A and could see how they compare with a team like Hazard, Mayfield, Beechwood, Holy Cross.
Strikeout King Wrote:Didn't see a thread about this

I don't know anything about this North Carolina team.

I'll take the Panthers

thoughts?
I start to lose my train of thought every time I see your picture when you post. But I will try to keep it together here... :biggrin:

Swain is a historically strong 1A program in NC. Total of 7 state championships, most recent one being 2007, as I recall. For those of you who actually give any credence to MAxPreps rankings, Swain is something like 2200 something in the nation and Pikeville is 5000 something in the nation. Don't get me started on the logic behind their rankings though. I expect this to actually be a good game, it will be close, and I go with the old alma mater in this one, 28-21.
swain county wins!
Odds may be stacked, but got to go with the Panthers from Pikeville. 21-20.
With ya on that P.H.S., hard to concentrate.
http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/yRC...hedule.htm

There ya go dudes...I'm rooting for Pikeville, but this team is just to strong and experienced for them. It's going to be a GREAT experience for them, though. Swain is also ranked #2 in 1A NC football.

Swain County 43
Pikeville 23

Go down there and give em an upset boys..
Hope Pikeville represents Kentucky well! Good luck!
Good luck #21 Chase Hall.....Give him the BALL