Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds' Johnny Cueto Injured
Cueto was pitching against the Cubs tonight (in a game the Reds would later win 7-2) when he hurt himself and had to leave the game. Internet reports say that he left holding his right arm, but after the game the Reds are saying it is only a pulled lat muscle in his back. He will be examined by the team doctor tomorrow.

First off, this is a guy the Reds have to have healthy for next year. I know he is in the hunt for the ERA title this year, and he needs 6 more innings to qualify, but if there is any doubt they need to just shut him down for the year. The 2011 season is lost, so don't so anything at this point to jeopardize the 2012 season too.

As for the injury itself, when I first heard he left the game holding his arm, I thought sure he tore his rotator cuff or elbow ligaments. So I was relieved to hear that it is just a pulled muscle. If true, that shouldn't have any long-term effects.

Still, this just puts a capper on a craptastic season by the Cincinnati Reds... :zzz:
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Report are saying he has a strained lat muscle.

Not sure yet if the Reds will let him pitch anymore this season.

Kinda sucks, cause to qualify for the ERA title he had 156 innings, however he needed 162 to get it.

Would have been 1st on the list.