Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 63, Magoffin County 48
final
I had this one wrong.. Congrats Pikeville, Any stats?
Congrats pikeville....stats?
Congrats pikeville...What time was this game played..figured it was just getting started.
Suprised by this score. Nice win for Pikeville.
Congrats Pikeville!!!
Congrats Pikeville!
This outcome suprised me as well. I thought the Hornets were going to get this one.
Good Job Pikeville. Thumbs up to Coach Williams and his team. Things are looking alot better than earlier in the season. Great Job!
kind of surprise to me. not surprised pikeville won, but more surprised with the final margin.
congrats to pikeville
they really got it rolling
Pikeville
Clevinger 14 points
Wheat 13 pts
Champlin 13 pts
Matgoffin Co
Eric Arnett 17 points
huge win,,,can you say coach of the year!
Good win for the panthers.coach williams and staff are slowly turning the program around.
The 15th region is absolutely impossible to predict.
i really dont see what everyone is seein in say thats hes turning the program around, come district time if he gets the win against east ridge, then yes i will say hes getting them goin, IMO 9 wins is not turning the program around. 2-david, 2-jenkins, 2-east ridge, 1-phelps, 1-magoffin co., ans 1- breathitt. is there a very good team in the bunch. maybe east ridge but is playing good but cant say till we play them in district. im not tryin to take anything away from coach williams but i jus dont think hes turned the program around YET.
This years Pikeville reminds me a lot of when I played, years ago. I played varsity my 8th grade year (comfortably riding the bench, but it was a learning experience) and we went to state that year. Our team was incredible.

However, over the next few years, players left, and it seems like so did our skill. We could play with the best, but just couldn't come out triumphant in many of the games. Eventually, however, it turned around, after I left, and we continued to progress, and dare I say, dominate.

Pikeville has lost it's thunder since they went to state a few years back. However, just like the old days, the fire is raging, and they're slowly getting it back. If not this year, over the next few years they'll become a dominant team again.

The regions a toss up. It's going to be exciting.
Nice point.
"jackson5" Wrote:i really dont see what everyone is seein in say thats hes turning the program around, come district time if he gets the win against east ridge, then yes i will say hes getting them goin, IMO 9 wins is not turning the program around. 2-david, 2-jenkins, 2-east ridge, 1-phelps, 1-magoffin co., ans 1- breathitt. is there a very good team in the bunch. maybe east ridge but is playing good but cant say till we play them in district. im not tryin to take anything away from coach williams but i jus dont think hes turned the program around YET.

I agree until they make it out of their district or at least win one game at Region, then their program is still the same. 9 wins in the middle of February isn't something to really brag about.
If Pikeville plays the way they did against Magoffin County the rest of the season. Then I see them winning at least 3 more games this year. Maybe even 4 or 5....
Magoffin County would be happy with 9 wins right now.