• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best shooters in the 14th region
Whitney Back- Perry Central
Vannah Breeding- Letcher Central
Katie Moore-Leslie County
Kellie Patrick-Hazard
Maddison Niece-Hazard
Tamara Crawford-Perry Central
Kelah Eldridge of LCC is the best pure shooter in the 14th region.
UKisN1 Wrote:Kelah Eldridge of LCC is the best pure shooter in the 14th region.

:Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs:
usa2011 Wrote:Whitney Back- Perry Central
Kellie Patrick-Hazard
Maddison Niece-Hazard

Any list without Kelah Eldridge's name on it would be basketball blasphemy.
usa2011 Wrote:Whitney Back- Perry Central
Kellie Patrick-Hazard
Maddison Niece-Hazard

Buddy, I'm sorry but you couldn't be more wrong...
UKisN1 Wrote:Kelah Eldridge of LCC is the best pure shooter in the 14th region.

Shhh... Don't talk about her, she will end up at Perry if shes good at something...
ekff Wrote:Shhh... Don't talk about her, she will end up at Perry if shes good at something...

I doubt it. She is blue through and through and she is also loyal to her school.
ekff Wrote:Buddy, I'm sorry but you couldn't be more wrong...

You're saying Whitney Back is not a good shooter?
king360 Wrote:You're saying Whitney Back is not a good shooter?

Not one of the best...
Katie Moore is a stroker Wink
I'd say Whitney Back and Katelyn Smith from Perry are the best two in the region if not in the state.
Johnny_Ringo Wrote:I'd say Whitney Back and Katelyn Smith from Perry are the best two in the region if not in the state.

As far as pure shooters go, I respectfully disagree on both accounts, region and state.
Johnny_Ringo Wrote:I'd say Whitney Back and Katelyn Smith from Perry are the best two in the region if not in the state.

I guess you can't talk Girls basketball right now without saying something about Perry Central... Just like Cordia and boys basketball right now....

#iftheresooooogoodwinthestate.....

but anyways I disagree, I really disagree about the state...
Katie Moore (Leslie) shot 42.9% from the 3 last season... and Kelah Eldridge (Letcher) shot 40.5% from the 3 last season....

Don't see how anyone can't have them two at the top...
ekff Wrote:Katie Moore (Leslie) shot 42.9% from the 3 last season... and Kelah Eldridge (Letcher) shot 40.5% from the 3 last season....

I think you forgot that Kalah was injured half way into the season so you really can't go by that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
ekff Wrote:I guess you can't talk Girls basketball right now without saying something about Perry Central... Just like Cordia and boys basketball right now....

#iftheresooooogoodwinthestate.....

but anyways I disagree, I really disagree about the state...

He's trollin', bro.
Kelp Eldridge is a great shooter, every other player mentioned is also, the two hazard players have by far improved a lot & whitney had always been an all around shooter.
usa2011 Wrote:Kelp Eldridge is a great shooter, every other player mentioned is also, the two hazard players have by far improved a lot & whitney had always been an all around shooter.

I'm not going to say anything bad because I'm a Hazard guy and I can tell your a Hazard player or student, but if I was going to put a Hazard player in this thread it would have to be Sara Pratt... Madison is a nice little player but shooting is her weak point...
I dont think a lot of you guys have saw Katelyn Smith play before. Well in all honesty, shes about as good as Kendall Noble. The girl is awesome. She can flat out shoot the lights out. I dont think the 14th Region is ready for Katie. She's better than everyone in the region. Not sure how good Tamara Crawford is because I havent saw her since her freshman year, and she could flat out play then.

And as for they havent won any state champinships, well who from the 14th has since Hazard won it back in the Sizemore/Alexander days. This will be Perrys year to win the whole thing. Will be tough against Marion County and Manuel. But it is possible. And I would put Eldridge from LCC right up their with Back and Smith in shooting. Eldridge is tough.
cougarpride08 Wrote:I think you forgot that Kalah was injured half way into the season so you really can't go by that.

Yeah I know she was hurt but..... She played 13 games shot 70 3 pointers all season. That's a little over 5 3's a game and that's a lot.. 30/70 is very good... Whitney Back just made 45 in 31 games...
She will be LCC'S all time scorer before she is a senior.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]

The state? Now come on man
ekff Wrote:Katie Moore (Leslie) shot 42.9% from the 3 last season... and Kelah Eldridge (Letcher) shot 40.5% from the 3 last season....

I'm sure both these girls are good shooters and these % are right on the money, but high school stats are not always the best kept figures in the world when debating a subject such as this thread. I've suspected a lot of pencil work to help stats over the years. Of course, some coaches re-stat after the games with the game film, but not all do that.

There's an old saying in another sport, golf---The pencil can be the best wood in a golf score. :popcorn:
I can vouch for Kelah's because I am the one responsible for them. No stats are padded or ignored. The games that I am not present at are done by Coach Adams and his viewing of game video. He is not one to pad his girls stats either.
Whitney Back - Best shooter in the Region by far.
UKisN1 Wrote:I can vouch for Kelah's because I am the one responsible for them. No stats are padded or ignored. The games that I am not present at are done by Coach Adams and his viewing of game video. He is not one to pad his girls stats either.
Oh, I'm not saying everyone pads stats, but they are a larger percentage than you would think that do. Several years ago we played a certain region boys team and they had a kid, probably 6'4, that they were trying to get colleges to look at. I had noticed that in some of the games that he had played that the stats in the Lexington H-L seemed farfetched (27 rebounds, 12 blocked shots, etc). So during one of his games later in the year I decided to take his stats. He had 22 points, 8 rebounds, and 2 blocked shots. The next day in the Herald-Leader in their write-up he had 22 points, 21 rebounds, and 11 blocked shots---a triple/double.
It happens.