Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Record breakers
Are they any players that are close to breaking team records or state records or does anyone have prediction on a player on passing,rushing,receiving, tackles.I would just like to hear them to get to know about other kids from across the state.
William Harris is Boyle's Jr. placekicker and broke and currently holds the state record for consecutive xp made at 85. He will add to the record with each xp this season until he misses.
Clark rowe should break Rockcastle County's all time rushing record. Should get it in about 2 or 3 games
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Clark rowe should break Rockcastle County's all time rushing record. Should get it in about 2 or 3 games

Wow, can't believe i haven't heard much about this kid. That is a big accomplishment considering all the great backs that has been through there. Rock always has a good back and they are always built the same 5'9 and about 150-160 pounds and tough as nails and can usual flat out boogie. I'll be looking foward to keep up this Rowe kid this year.
Bigblue#4 Wrote:Wow, can't believe i haven't heard much about this kid. That is a big accomplishment considering all the great backs that has been through there. Rock always has a good back and they are always built the same 5'9 and about 150-160 pounds and tough as nails and can usual flat out boogie. I'll be looking foward to keep up this Rowe kid this year.

It does amaze me how far under the radar he has ran. I have a feeling that it is Emmitt Smith syndrome, where a person gets a lot of carries, consistently does great, but wont really have that one HUGE play in EVERY game. He also gets knocked for being on bad teams recently. I remember him against Boyle and Bell Counties he would have either 70, 80, 90 yards or something but he would get the ball and 2 or 3 players would already be in his face. Hard to run against that. Rock had a good lineman or two but you cannot stop great teams with a couple of good linemen and zero threat from the passing game.

Off the top of my head, he is probably the 3rd of 4th best RB in Rockcastle history, right now. If he leads Rock to a regional title or something unexpected, he might move to a solid #3 or even #2.

Get that record, but more importantly, get those wins!
64black&gold Wrote:William Harris is Boyle's Jr. placekicker and broke and currently holds the state record for consecutive xp made at 85. He will add to the record with each xp this season until he misses.

I think his record currently stands at 86, and counting. He will be going for a national record this year, which currently stands at 135 straight, I believe.
64black&gold Wrote:William Harris is Boyle's Jr. placekicker and broke and currently holds the state record for consecutive xp made at 85. He will add to the record with each xp this season until he misses.

This is the most over looked thing in football in my opinon. It really easy to kick an extra point in warm up, but the difficulty increases about 75% in a game because every thing has to be perfect, perfect snap, perfect hold, good blocking. So hats off to this kid and go get the national record. Boyle County must have something in the water for kicker because it wasn't to long ago they had Taylor Begley.
Bigblue#4 Wrote:Wow, can't believe i haven't heard much about this kid. That is a big accomplishment considering all the great backs that has been through there. Rock always has a good back and they are always built the same 5'9 and about 150-160 pounds and tough as nails and can usual flat out boogie. I'll be looking foward to keep up this Rowe kid this year.

Clark is still quick with more lead in his pencil this season. He has raised his weight to about 210-215 and is about (guessing) 5-10/11" in height. Talking to him, he says that there are a couple of colleges showing interest in him. I think, in talking to him, he would like to go to EKU as much as anywhere else. But he is keeping his options open as well as his mind. If he has a great season this year, who knows how much his college choices will open up. He is still maintaining that great speed with the weight gain.
Perry Central's Matt Robinson is already the schools all-time tackling leader, he will continue to build on his record this year.