Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Girls' 8th Grade Tournament at Dorton
We are planning to have our annual tournament August 22nd through the 25th. Would like to have at least 8 teams (Can guarantee 2 games to each team). Anyone interested message me here or contact me at home (637-6458) or cell (794-6296).

Thanks,

Coach Davis
We should be able to play.
new o Wrote:We should be able to play.

We'd love to have you.

By the way those dates you sent me for the regular season games are fine. Thanks.
So far I have interest from Virgie, Jenkins, and Clintwood.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:So far I have interest from Virgie, Jenkins, and Clintwood.

Update: I have Dorton, Virgie, Clintwood, Jenkins, Pikeville, and Martha Jane Potter. Looking for at least 2 more.
Update: I have Dorton, Virgie, Pikeville, Martha Jane Potter, Clintwood, and Herald Whitaker. Jenkins dropped out. The deadline to enter will be this Wednesday. Looking to add 2 more teams. If I don't get any more teams, we will do pool play on Mon and Tues followed by a single elimination tournament on Wed and Thurs.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Update: I have Dorton, Virgie, Pikeville, Martha Jane Potter, Clintwood, and Herald Whitaker. Jenkins dropped out. The deadline to enter will be this Wednesday. Looking to add 2 more teams. If I don't get any more teams, we will do pool play on Mon and Tues followed by a single elimination tournament on Wed and Thurs.

Johnson County called today and entered the tournament. We need 1 more team to make it an even number (if not I will have to cut it off at the 6 we had). I will wait until tomorrow morning to make out the schedule in case I get another team. I will email the schedule to the coaches tomorrow afternoon.
Here is the schedule for next week's tournament:

Pool A (Virgie, Martha Jane Potter, Clintwood)

Pool B (Dorton, Herald Whitaker, Pikeville)

Monday's games:

6:00 Virgie vs Clintwood
7:10 Virgie vs Martha Jane Potter
8:20 Clintwood vs Martha Jane Potter

Tuesday's games:

6:00 Pikeville vs Herald Whitaker
7:10 Dorton vs Herald Whitaker
8:20 Pikeville vs Dorton

The pool results will seed teams for the tournament which will take place on Wednesday and Thursday.

If anyone wants a schedule and bracket emailed to them leave an email here or in a private message.

Thanks to all teams who are participating.