Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what do you think of magoffin county football?
Magoffin would have a good chance of winning if they had a goiod coach.:help:
They just don't have enough support from any area of need to produce a quality football team
Well, They do have a pretty good group coming in next year as Freshman. I watch a couple of their games last year @ the middle school level. Looked like a good group of promising athletes. I know the Hall kid is a pretty good player.
they need a better coach badly
Mogoffin doesn't care about anything but girls basketball. You have to have support from your community and administration and I dont think they are getting it right now. They also need to quit playing that stupid defense. SV ran about a million sweeps on them and they never adjusted.
well put
I don't think that they will be that good next year.
I just think it's a sad situation for kids that want to play football and that they won't be competitive for a long time..
They have some promissing players comming up but no one to teach them I know Im going to try to make a difference next year. But a freshman deffensive/offensive lineman cant help all that much we need a team not 1 or 2 players.
so snoop and coacher, what D would you have them run then?
they cant run a 4-4, only had 1 good backer and no tremendous speed.
they cant run a 5-3, no d-ends that can string it out, they had 1 but the big kid was kicked off the team cause of that basketball/ not so football head coach.
cant run a 6-2, didnt have a d-lineman that could bench over 210lbs or squat over 300.
they ran a 7 man front, all they could do with no strength or atheletes and a guy named mike holcomb loves this d! so tell us what would you run on d at magoffinco?
I called over to Magoffin co. today to just see how the situation was going.
I was told that and I quote " WERE GOING TO LOOK INTO THE COACHING SITUATION SOMETIME IN MARCH" and did not rule out that their present coach would not be back.
I also talked to their present coach and he said he would be back and the so-called incident did not effect his status as a football coach. As a matter of fact the present coach is the one that has coach williams doing the weight room right now according to him. No one in the admin. has came right out and said or told me coach Howard wont be back. So, I took ky. hillbilly's advice and called and found out for myself.
T he present coach has told me he will be back and has coach williams doing the weight room and the basketball incident cannot affect his football coaching status.
Magoffin is good at playing dirty.... When we played them this year one of there receivers killed our safety while he was going up for a pick and hit him sooo hard that our safety was bleeding from the mouth and it broke the receivers nose... There not afraid to hit.
Jesus Shuttlesworth Wrote:Magoffin is good at playing dirty.... When we played them this year one of there receivers killed our safety while he was going up for a pick and hit him sooo hard that our safety was bleeding from the mouth and it broke the receivers nose... There not afraid to hit.

Well, If your safety didn't get the pick, The receiver did his job. And it sounds as if he did it fairly well! LOL!
There was a penalty for illegal head to head contact or something though.
Well, alot of kids get caught up in the moment and just do what they have to do to make the play. But, IF it was intentional then it was dirty. But, giving the kid the benefit of the doubt, he was just playing hard and doing what he had to do for his team. I didn't see the play, so I can't judge him. But, when you have a down season your emotions tend to get the best of you and you make some mental mistakes as well. Hopefully they can get a few more wins under their belts this year. Good Luck MC!
Boys your right there to emotional if they could tranfer that to every block and run instead of a certain moment they could use that for motivation and get something done. It worked for me but thats me.
Jesus Shuttlesworth Wrote:Magoffin is good at playing dirty.... When we played them this year one of there receivers killed our safety while he was going up for a pick and hit him sooo hard that our safety was bleeding from the mouth and it broke the receivers nose... There not afraid to hit.
hmm sounds like they was just playin football and it wasnt dirty neither player saw each other i watched that hit the other day while we was looking for a players highlights 2 put on his tape
Actually, the kid was looking up for the ball and didn't even see the saftey.
It was unintentional and the kid from Magoffin broke his nose.
vince Wrote:so snoop and coacher, what D would you have them run then?
they cant run a 5-3, no d-ends that can string it out, they had 1 but the big kid was kicked off the team cause of that basketball/ not so football head coach.
cant run a 6-2, didnt have a d-lineman that could bench over 210lbs or squat over 300.
they ran a 7 man front, all they could do with no strength or atheletes and a guy named mike holcomb loves this d! so tell us what would you run on d at magoffinco?

Theres only 1 problem that they getting some good backers and safety's. 1 will be j.owens hes fast a can give a mean hit. But what make any D is smart players that see the o's plan.
I think the Magoffin player may of even apoligized for it.
there are people just as good on the team than hall like owens, risner,helton,benton,gray,keeton just to name a few
Most of them our best on D.
well i believethat the hall kid wasnt even that good and that there is alot more kids that need more credit than him.
vince Wrote:so snoop and coacher, what D would you have them run then?

They couldn't run the 7 front either. They need to run a basic 4-4 and against a spread or passing situation alert into a 4-3. Thats their problem right now. You need someone to teach these kids one thing from gradeschool up. They have always had kids that could run. Next thing they need to do is get Betsey lane, south floyd, jackson city, and whoever has had a down year. Build it from the ground up and then everyone will buy into them winning games.:beg:
I think that they have a good freshaman class coming in next year and they might not be a great team next year but if they get some coaches who care down there they will have a really good team in two years.
I think magoffin's probalem is that they could use more support from the community and staff also there is monsters of kids walking around saying i dont want to play for a loseing team ... but if these kids would come out and help i beleive that magoffin would go to district and probaly to region .. so before any1 jumps the guns yes magoffin has always had the patintal but not the smart of football cause lacking of help ... I talked to some of the players this week and they said that no matter what if there is a team that they will win more than 4 games because no matter what happens that they arent going to let there heads down that they are going to go 100 % at all times.......... best of luck to u guys
Your right he isnt the only one any good they all played hard and some sideliner could have been better you never know.
trust me they will have an exciting program to watch next year
magoffin county will be real good next year