Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duke Basketball Recruiting Violations
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketba...-violation

Could it be true? Not just a violation, but possibly one by Coach K!
They have had Violations before, Only to be forgave and forgotten.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:They have had Violations before, Only to be forgave and forgotten.

And the same will happen here.
The transcript:

DURHAM, N.C. -- Duke is investigating whether an NCAA recruiting rule was violated when coach Mike Krzyzewski reportedly offered a scholarship to a recruit during a summer tournament.

Krzyzewski
Forward Alex Poythress told CBSSports.com that Krzyzewski spoke to him earlier this week while he was in Orlando, Fla., for a tournament with his AAU team, the Georgia Stars, and offered him a scholarship.

NCAA rules prevent coaches from contacting recruits before they are finished playing in tournaments.

Duke spokesman Jon Jackson said in a statement Saturday that the school is gathering facts and that "proper adherence to NCAA bylaws has always been, and will continue to be, a cornerstone of Duke Athletics."

Poythress is a 6-foot-7 forward from Clarksville, Tenn. He is considered one of the nation's top high school seniors
Serious question....

Why is that a rule?
^ I HATE Duke. But, to me if HS is out...what should it matter?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
This is really stupid and I can not stand the NCAAs crazy rules even regarded one of UKs hated rivals.... It is just so unbelievable.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
They have been caught doing worse why would this matter?
zaga_fan Wrote:Serious question....

Why is that a rule?

I believe the rule is to protect the player. A big time recruit would probably be hounded to death by coaches. Would have to talk to 15 or more coaches before and after each game.

The players, their parents and coaches can't talk to the college coaches as well. Some coaches would never get to watch a game for everyone wanting to talk to them.

I personally like this rule, it keeps the events from being a circus.
cart man Wrote:I believe the rule is to protect the player. A big time recruit would probably be hounded to death by coaches. Would have to talk to 15 or more coaches before and after each game.

The players, their parents and coaches can't talk to the college coaches as well. Some coaches would never get to watch a game for everyone wanting to talk to them.

I personally like this rule, it keeps the events from being a circus.

I know what you mean....
but during an AAU tournament?
A violation is a violation though.
If other coaches don't do it and he does it that gives him an upper-hand.
^ Agreed
Looks like the NCAA is changing the Recruiting Rules Now.... Wow, Really? I guess a "Clean " system stays clean this way.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Looks like the NCAA is changing the Recruiting Rules Now.... Wow, Really? I guess a "Clean " system stays clean this way.

ah boys Wink
This will follow along with the Maggette and Duke violation. Nothing.
zaga_fan Wrote:ah boys Wink

Thats a great defense when you have nothing else to say.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Thats a great defense when you have nothing else to say.

ah boys...
Aslan Wrote:Agreed.
BTW, literally LOL'd when I saw your sig.

Its Something to behold is it not?

And The New Holmes comes out soon!