Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Espn
Can go to hell for this bullshit tonight. I bet if it was the Yankees or the Red Sox playing, they wouldnt be showing this lockout crap that everybody is SICK OF HEARING ABOUT. I wait all month to watch my Buccos on ESPN for the first time in over 9 years, and what comes on? A SPECIAL ABOUT THE DAMN LOCKOUT. F--- YOU ESPN!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Tell us how you really feel:biggrin: I agree that if the Yankees and Red Sox were playing the lockout special would be on ESPN 8 so they could force the Yankee/Sox rivalry down our throats. I know it is not the same, you could probably watch the game on espn3.com. Better than nothing.
I tried. It said its been blacked out. I hate ESPN. I swear I do. Even Sportscenter sucks anymore.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:flame: on TideHoss!!!!
TidesHoss32 Wrote:I tried. It said its been blacked out. I hate ESPN. I swear I do. Even Sportscenter sucks anymore.
I can't believe that is blacked out. I guess that they want everyone to watch the lockout special. I hate that for you.
I love football as much as the next guy, but Im tired of the lockout. Im tired of all things lockout. Im tired of hearing about Brett friggin Favre. Ah screw it. All I can do is write ESPN and remind them about how they are nothing compared to the ESPN of 15 years ago. Remind them of how they are nothing but a bunch of politically correct puppets afraid to say anything so they wont offend anyone. Remind them of "If it aint the Sox or Yankees, we dont care about anybody else in baseball"..and tell them that I sincerely mean it when I say that I despise what they are and what theyve become, and this is the final nail in the coffin. Screw them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dude, I totally agree. I sat down in my chair and was getting ready to watch them and it shows up Lockout. But on ESPN2 their showing the USA vs. Japan softball game? Who really cares about softball?
MisterPerfect Wrote:Dude, I totally agree. I sat down in my chair and was getting ready to watch them and it shows up Lockout. But on ESPN2 their showing the USA vs. Japan softball game? Who really cares about softball?
Yeah, and bowling from 30 years ago on ESPN Classic..BOWLING!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Yeah, and bowling from 30 years ago on ESPN Classic..BOWLING!

It's all about the green. They don't care about the fans anymore.
Hate to be the dick about it but I'm glad we got some football back on tv instead of baseball all the time lol
I could care less about the "poor slave millionaire" crybabies and the "big bad slavedriver billionaire" owners and being pounded with which side got what, and who came out good, yatty yaddy yadda..I'll be ready for football when the games start. Until then, baseball means something. There are some great division battles right now, and the lockout doesnt deserve three channels (with bowling on classic all night) worth of coverage..thats my gripe.
By the way, Adrian Peterson saying he is a modern day slave (making about 40.5 million over 5 years counting his bonuses) and then refusing to show up at a kids football camp, shows the true character of most of these guys. I have lost a ton of respect for a lot of these guys (and Adrian Peterson is a BITCH for both of those lowlights), and football should take a back seat to something that matters right now..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Just be happy you got aleast one win in this series.The Braves will take the next 2.
I always get a kick out of the college football "experts" who always hate on the SEC, and pick against them in the title game who are wrong three times as much as they are right.
If it wasn't for ESPN, we would still have NBA Championship basketball games on at 3:00 in the afternoon, and taped delayed at midnight.

If it wasn't for ESPN, we would have the Major League Game of the Week on Sunday afternoon on NBC. Everything else we would be listening to on the radio

If not for ESPN, we would still be buying newspapers to read the boxscores of the games last night. BUT - We would have to wait until tomorrows newspaper to get the West Coast scores

If not for ESPN, We would get our regional NFL game on television unless it was not sold out. To get the highlights of the rest of the games we would have to wait till the 11:00 news and see the scroll of the final scores only.

So for me, ESPN can do whatever they want and I will love them for it!
Stardust Wrote:If it wasn't for ESPN, we would still have NBA Championship basketball games on at 3:00 in the afternoon, and taped delayed at midnight.

If it wasn't for ESPN, we would have the Major League Game of the Week on Sunday afternoon on NBC. Everything else we would be listening to on the radio

If not for ESPN, we would still be buying newspapers to read the boxscores of the games last night. BUT - We would have to wait until tomorrows newspaper to get the West Coast scores

If not for ESPN, We would get our regional NFL game on television unless it was not sold out. To get the highlights of the rest of the games we would have to wait till the 11:00 news and see the scroll of the final scores only.

So for me, ESPN can do whatever they want and I will love them for it!
Yeah..15 years ago ESPN could do no wrong. And if your a Red Sox or Yankees fan, they actually hold their end of the bargain when showing their "Game of the Week"..ESPN sold out to greed and politics over the last 15 years and is NOTHING like it used to be. But hey, what do I have to complain about, right? They havent shown my Pirates in over 9 years, and screwed me out of seeing them Monday. At least I got that lockout coverage though, right? I REALLY needed to see that the owners and players went 52/48 or whatever it was for revenue, because that means so much to us, the fans. And I am even more glad that they f'd my fellow Buc fans to show 2 and a half hours of it on two channels. But Ill give ESPN credit, when it comes to poker, classic bowling, tennis, golf, soccer and badminton, NOBODY has them beat.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TideHoss, the reason ESPiN blacked out the Bucco's on Monday night was due to Root Sports aka Fox Sports Pittsburgh. DirecTV does not carry Root Sports.