• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds 3 - Pirates 1
Reds defeat Pirates 3-1

Johnny Cuteo picks up the Win

Pirates take 2/3 from the Reds

3 Game Series vs. Braves starting Friday

Game 1 - Jair Jurrjens (Atl) (12-3) vs. Bronson Arroyo (Cin) (7-8) 7:10 PM

Game 2 - Derek Lowe (Atl) (6-7) vs. Homer Bailey (Cin) (4-4) 4:10 PM

Game 3 - Brandon Beachy (Atl) (3-2) vs. Dontrelle Willis (Cin) (0-1) 8:05 PM - ESPN

Reds 48-50 and 4 Games back of the NL Central Leading Pittsburgh Pirates
The Reds are my 2nd favorite team, but there is no way they take game 1. I give them a chance to win the 2nd and 3rd, but game one belongs to Atlanta.
Not sure, Atlanta seems to struggle at GABP.
Cueto and Karstens both pitched great, but a couple of errors sealed the Bucs' fate. I dig Cueto's new windup too lol..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cueto is still on the roller-coaster. Hopefully he stays consistent over the second half of the season
Kinda sad when 3 runs qualifies as an offensive explosion, but that's what it was. Geesh...

Hopefully the bats will wake up from their slumber soon. 7 runs combined in their last 5 games just won't get it done.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Strikeout King Wrote:Game 1 - Jair Jurrjens (Atl) (12-3) vs. Bronson Arroyo (Cin) (7-8) 7:10 PM

Game 2 - Derek Lowe (Atl) (6-7) vs. Homer Bailey (Cin) (4-4) 4:10 PM

Game 3 - Brandon Beachy (Atl) (3-2) vs. Dontrelle Willis (Cin) (0-1) 8:05 PM

LWC Wrote:The Reds are my 2nd favorite team, but there is no way they take game 1. I give them a chance to win the 2nd and 3rd, but game one belongs to Atlanta.

I agree, that pitching matchup on Friday looks to be tilted heavily in favor of the Braves. There's no way in the world I would ever pick the Reds to win that one, but when you read the ESPN preview of Friday's game the simulation only gives Atlanta a 52% chance of winning. That seems odd to me, home field advantage shouldn't count for that much, especially considering Jurrjens is one of the best in the league and Arroyo has really struggled, but maybe their simulator computer knows something we don't...

As for the other two matchups, I give the Reds a solid advantage on Saturday (Bailey over Lowe), and the Braves a decent advantage on Sunday (Beachy over Willis).
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
In three games, three runs is absolutely pathetic! And for the three runs to come in one game makes that series a offensive disaster..... What in the heck is it about the Buckos that we can not get over the hump. The offensive looked about as lost as anyone could have ever imagined from the "best offense in the league." There should be a stat that counts for useless runs in games cause the Reds would run away with that category. A team that will go for 9 runs in a 9-3 win one night and then put a 0 spot on the board the next night losing 2-0. Granted the pitching has left a lot to be desired but our poor Redlegs get coldfeet with runners in scoring postion. Especially in close games. It is just frustrating when we get to the end of the season and we are 4 games back and you can accout for all of those games with the inconsist offense.

*Vent over*
Ceuto pitched wonderfully once again. An absolute stud is Johny Cueto!! D-Train and Leake did wonderful in their games as well but the offense continually missing opportunities blew both of those games.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]