Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Owsley CO. in Trouble
I have heard rumors for the past couple of days saying that neeley quit the team...Someone tell mwe thats not true. If it is any chances of Owsley being a factor in the 56th is out the door!
Neeley has quit the team. He quit after the game at Powell County. It no doubt leaves the young Owls even younger and more inexperienced. But as far as their chances in the district tournament, it was a long shot anyway. Lee County and Estill County both had little trouble defeating the Owls even with their whole team intact. It probably wasn't going to be any different in tournament play.
Yes, he did quit. This is devastating for the Owls, he is a great 3 point chooter and can take it to the basket. Sad
My hats off to Daniel. I very seriously doubt anyone could go through what this young man has gone through this season. He's an outstanding player....Hopefully he'll take the rest of the season off and get healthy and come back under a new coach and staff. Owsley Co needs Daniel Neeley more than some have let on. Good Luck next season Daniel, hopefully you'll still be wearing the maroon and white.
i don't blame Neeley for leaving the team , he was not getting the credit he should, the owls wanted to play Smith ball wonder how they feel now
"go big blue" Wrote:i don't blame Neeley for leaving the team , he was not getting the credit he should, the owls wanted to play Smith ball wonder how they feel now
I don't think anyone can blame any individual player, or the team, for Daniel quitting. The coach has to bare that responsibility. He is the one responsible for getting the team palying as a team, and each player playing their role. If one kid is shooting bad shots, or shooting too much, or not passing the ball to open players, etc.., well, that's the coaches fault, not the players. He has to get those type of things under control, and stay on top of any future problems. Personally I don't think Daniel quit the team because of the other players. JMO.
i believe that Owsley will not have a good shot at the 56th district. after losing one of your leaders from the year before the district will hurt them alot. plus he was the first or second leading scorer on the team. probably the best shooter. Sorry owls.
When Jbs played Owsley, Neeley was the only man on their team that shook hands with them. I think that says something for him.
"go big blue" Wrote:i don't blame Neeley for leaving the team , he was not getting the credit he should, the owls wanted to play Smith ball wonder how they feel now
Im sorry but i dont see that being the reason for neeley quiting....He is a great kid and loves the game...He has sufferd injurys all season and from what I hear he injured his finger again in the powell gane....On the other hand the owls didnt play smith ball, they looked to the only senior and experienced player on the team being smith to get them out of the slump....I must say though I hate to hear about neeley and wish the best of luck next season.
Well I hope the Neeley Boy does come back the following season. He knows the game well and the Owls need him. Some say they're better off without him, But I guess well tell in the long run.
There is no way you can be better off without a kid like Neeley. Hopefully the next coach will be able to get him back and build the team back.
What # was he?
"rookie_0833" Wrote:Well I hope the Neeley Boy does come back the following season. He knows the game well and the Owls need him. Some say they're better off without him, But I guess well tell in the long run.
They're definitely not better off without him.
"DOC" Wrote:They're definitely not better off without him.
Well... they wasnt much with him either.
"Skillz" Wrote:Well... they wasnt much with him either.

That is true, but now their at the bottom...After a loss to OBI it doesnt look good 4 the owls
Neeley did not get the credit he really deserved. Look around these forums and others. Before Smith came back all we ever heard from Owls fans is how good they would be when Smith got there and everone overlooked the hard work Neeley AND Congleton was putting into the team. Then when Smith comes back all anyone talks about is him scoring 19 points in his first game back (even though he shot about a million shots taht game) and everyone forgot about Neeley. Thats gotta hurt. Its crazy. The Owls faithful are the ones who pushed this kid away by lookin over him and basicaly slapping him in the face by this kind of crap. Good luck Daniel if you play again or not.