Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's Talk Recruiting
Who is/are the guy(s) you think are a must have from the class of 2012?? I like Shabazz of course as my one guy I would like to have, but we all know he's an adidas kid and uk is a nike school... How big of a factor do you think that plays in the recruitment of todays players???
I think (have thought for a while) that Shabazz is what this class revolves around. A long rangy left handed slasher who can score at will.... Man that is the biggest get for the class and I have thought for a while that UK is sitting pretty. Next to UCLA I think that we have the upper hand. Now for the rest of the class, regardless of what position a player like Shabazz is you have to go for him. That position can not dictate the rest of the class. So I still like Archie Goodwin in the Shooting Guard spot who is the same position as Shabazz, Mitch McGary for the Power Forward spot, Perry Ellis as the Small Forward and DeJaun Coleman to round out as the center.

Now that is a MONSTER of a class.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Let it be said like this... Either way this class falls - UK will still be in good hands IMO.
With the talent we have landed this year - T. Jones and Lamb returning, We will still have some good quality players for the year after that. I would really like to see Lamb and Jones stay all 4 years.

And of course, noone has got to see what Poole has, and what he can bring to the table.
I will say that Jones, Lamb, David, Gilchrist, Teague, Vargas and Miller (of course) depart from the team. Regardless it will leave some bigtime holes to fill and bunches of playing time.
[SIZE="4"]
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
If Miller is going to shine brighter - this year is the time!!!
Ballers Wrote:If Miller is going to shine brighter - this year is the time!!!

Agree!!
We better get a few of these guys cause were going to be losing A LOT after this year. Miller, TJ, Gilchrist, Davis, Teague, Vargas, and possibly Lamb.
I'm pretty confident about Shabazz. Not so confident about Coleman. He's going to be hard to nab from Syracuse but if anyone can do it, it's Cal.
If we can nab Shabazz the rest of the class will follow suit and lineup as yet another stellar class for coach cal!!
[SIZE="4"]