Cats Pause Predictions for 2A District 8
1st Prestonsburg
2nd Leslie County
3rd Shelby Valley
4th Betsy Layne
Preseason player of the year Joseph Jamerson
Written by Steve Lemaster

Whats your predcitions?
I think 2-4 could go in any order. I look for Joseph Jamerson, Bryson Williams, & Kain Collins all to have good years from P'burg. Korey Jarrell from Betsy Layne to have a big season.
Prestonsburg will be the winner of the District.
I do think Prestonsburg will have a great team.
I think Leslie Co. will go into Prestonsburg undefeated and it will be a battle at Prestonsburg...
I think Leslie will be good, but to go in to week 9 undefeated, is hard to believe. They only won 4 games last year and two were against the same team. They have a boat load of players and alot easier schedule.
They lost 4 Seniors... Only 2 of which saw any significant playing time and both will be easily replaced..

Leslie hired a coach in July last year and had not weight program.. This year is a complete turnaround.. I look for them to have a real big year...
I look for Prestonsburg to win the district hands down. Leslie will be improved this year,but not to the Blackcat's standard. Prestonsburg is loaded this year from a team that went 10-3 and vied for the region last season. I look for them to make a run for the state title this year.
Looks good to me. I with #1Blackfan, 2-4 could go any way but I think LeMasters looks bout right as a preseason pridection. I do believe LC is the best team behind Prestonsburg.
On the bright side, the last three years Steve has been wrong with his predictions dealing with 1A district 8 and 2A district 8.
tebow Wrote:On the bright side, the last three years Steve has been wrong with his predictions dealing with 1A district 8 and 2A district 8.

You still have not given your predictions Tebow.
Last time I made a prediction, Obama win the president. im just not good at predicting!
Has the catspause magizine already came out?
tebow Wrote:Last time I made a prediction, Obama win the president. im just not good at predicting!

Then by all means please dont make any predictions. :thatsfunn
bac2369 Wrote:Has the catspause magizine already came out?

Dont mean to be a smart butt, but duh, read the first post LOL.
In all serious, the last time I made a prediction, I had to drop my old name, make a new identity and start all over. lol

I do think it will be a good year for the bobcats!
Since I have been following Eastern KY football, four years now, Prestonsburg has always had a good team. They have tradition, apparently a very good middle school feeder system, excellent coaching, and some great athletes.

Thus, I do not see anything that would cause me to think 2011 will be any different. Prestonsburg will do very well this coming season.
Any of you P-burg fans care to chime in on the P-burg/Hazard game. Personally,I think you all will get'em. I'm just curious as to how you all will match up with them. Harlan has to play them the game after you all and possibly in the region finals. I hope you all can beat up on them just a little for us,LOL. I'm sure you will. Both of you all are going to be pushing for a state title and any assessment will be appreciated.