Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will come out on top in 1A dist. 7 this coming football season?
With the 2011 season just around the corner. Who is the best iyo! Rank the teams. Fairview, Nicholas Co, Paintsville and Raceland. And why!:popcorn:
1 Raceland
2 Fairview
3 Nicholas
4 Paintsville
I would think Raceland since they are one of the best programs in eastern Kentucky, but Fairview is building a good one also. They dis lose alot of great players though.
At least we will make the playoffs lol. what district do we match up with?
Nicholas & Paintsville will fight it out for the cellar.

Raceland & Fairview game will decide the Dist. Champ
doubledown Wrote:Nicholas & Paintsville will fight it out for the cellar.

Raceland & Fairview game will decide the Dist. Champ

I agree doubledown. But NCHS seems to give us fits every year. I hear Fairview is reloading this year. But I really don't want to hear about the pipeline coming out of Huntington, WVa. If khass says nothing is wrong. We should all accept it and move on. Don't care whos on the field as long as it's all legal. Also Fairview is spending something like $270,000 on new bleachers and press box. Should be nice. Can't wait to play their for the second season in a row. Should be a great game to see!
I really would love to see a hazard and raceland match up in the 4th round( assumming both teams make it) But Raceland has no LCA in this district. Who all returns for the rams this season fill me in?
I would l love to see Fairview and hazard at Fairview 4th round
Raceland is really young. They do not and I Repeat have a QB! Im taking Fairview just to motivate the Rams but this is a weak district this year, but look out for Nicholas County they could be the sleeper
Proud Ram Fan 1168 Wrote:I agree doubledown. But NCHS seems to give us fits every year. I hear Fairview is reloading this year. But I really don't want to hear about the pipeline coming out of Huntington, WVa. If khass says nothing is wrong. We should all accept it and move on. Don't care whos on the field as long as it's all legal. Also Fairview is spending something like $270,000 on new bleachers and press box. Should be nice. Can't wait to play their for the second season in a row. Should be a great game to see!

Why is Raceland playing @ Fairview for a second straight year?

My prediction:
1. Raceland - heard the work ethic is good, and the returning players take the challenge of winning district very seriously
2. Fairview - would need a few more transfers to win outright, but probably will spend time rebuilding this season for another killer run next year.
3. Nicholas County - Always tough at home, and traditionally just a couple pieces shy of being a really good team - it's entirely possible they'll be better than everyone who thinks this is a weak district cares to imagine.
4. Paintsville - needs to touch base with their inner Walter Brugh and pride up. Will it happen this year, probably not, but they could throw a wrench into the works for one or both of the district favorites...
Proud Ram Fan 1168 Wrote:I agree doubledown. But NCHS seems to give us fits every year. I hear Fairview is reloading this year. But I really don't want to hear about the pipeline coming out of Huntington, WVa. If khass says nothing is wrong. We should all accept it and move on. Don't care whos on the field as long as it's all legal. Also Fairview is spending something like $270,000 on new bleachers and press box. Should be nice. Can't wait to play their for the second season in a row. Should be a great game to see!

eratia Wrote:Why is Raceland playing @ Fairview for a second straight year?

My prediction:
1. Raceland - heard the work ethic is good, and the returning players take the challenge of winning district very seriously
2. Fairview - would need a few more transfers to win outright, but probably will spend time rebuilding this season for another killer run next year.
3. Nicholas County - Always tough at home, and traditionally just a couple pieces shy of being a really good team - it's entirely possible they'll be better than everyone who thinks this is a weak district cares to imagine.
4. Paintsville - needs to touch base with their inner Walter Brugh and pride up. Will it happen this year, probably not, but they could throw a wrench into the works for one or both of the district favorites...
You Raceland guys crying over transfers is laughable. As many of your kids from Russell and Greenup over the last few seasons and you're crying over Fairview. And don't give me that crap that "we already said we weren't gonna talk about it". You wouldn't have brought it up if you weren't already building in an excuse. Typical Raceland junk.
That's all Raceland people do is cry especially if they get beat they don't know how to give anyone else credit it's always an excuse.
OU812 Wrote:You Raceland guys crying over transfers is laughable. As many of your kids from Russell and Greenup over the last few seasons and you're crying over Fairview. And don't give me that crap that "we already said we weren't gonna talk about it". You wouldn't have brought it up if you weren't already building in an excuse. Typical Raceland junk.

I'm not actually a Raceland guy. I just picked Raceland to win. Do I think Fairview recruits? While every school has transfer students that come and go, it seems that at Fairview, there's a lot of guys who played at different schools a couple of years ago who play at Fairview now, but that's up to the KHSAA to sort out. If this situation was 6-a ball in Texas, I'd be looking for a mailbox in a field...

I'm sorry if I offended or hit a nerve, because I just like to talk football.