Poll: Do you enjoy the All-Star Break?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
62.50%
No
0%
Dont Care
37.50%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Star Break?
Do you enjoy the All-Star event? All Star game, HR Derby?

I enjoy watching the All-Star. The best players in the league in one game and actually playing for something. (Homefield of the WS)
I enjoy the All Star game for about the first two innings. When they start substituting players, it gets really boring to me. I can't stand the fact that it determines home field advantage for the World Series, that is one of the dumbest ideas I have ever heard, home field should be given to the team with the best record.
^

I have mixed feelings about it. I agree with you, I think the team with the best record should determine which team has home field advantage but at the same team it makes the All Star more competitive. Its not just an All Star like the other sports, this game actually means something to the players and could help determine them getting a ring or not.
MVP2 Wrote:^

I have mixed feelings about it. I agree with you, I think the team with the best record should determine which team has home field advantage but at the same team it makes the All Star more competitive. Its not just an All Star like the other sports, this game actually means something to the players and could help determine them getting a ring or not.
Do you think this game means something to all stars who play on a team stuck in last place year after year? I really don't think it makes any player play any harder. Even without the All Star game determining the home field advantage, it is still by far the best all star game in all of professional sports.
I used to enjoy it, now I don't bother. I've not watched an All-Star game in at least 5 years. I've caught the HR derby on Sports center, and was still bored with it.
Stardust Wrote:I used to enjoy it, now I don't bother. I've not watched an All-Star game in at least 5 years. I've caught the HR derby on Sports center, and was still bored with it.
I would rather watch paint dry than watch the HR derby.
Yeah I still enjoy it pretty much.
The ML All-Star game is the only game I watch,really don't care for the NBA All-star and the Pro Bowl.
I love the All-Star weekend! I just don't like the fact that they switched the HR Derby to have captains. I think that they should take the top 4 HR leaders from each league.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON