Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Washington Nationals Manager Jim Riggleman resigns
Washington Nationals manager Jim Riggleman has resigned due to displeasure with his contract situation. He resigned after picking up a 1-0 win Thursday Afternoon over the Seattle Mariners

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/s...=ESPNHeadlines
His team is finally above .500 and he quits? I don't see his angle here.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
^^

My same thoughts.Nats have won something like the 11 last 12.
Amun-Ra Wrote:His team is finally above .500 and he quits? I don't see his angle here.

MVP2 Wrote:^^

My same thoughts.Nats have won something like the 11 last 12.

he just said on Baseball Tonight that he talked to the Nationals about them picking up his 2012 Option and they declined it so he resigned. He said when a Coach talks to the Front Office about a Contract Extension and they beat around the bush about it, it sounds like the Coach isn't gonna be apart of that teams future and it's best if the Coach and Team part ways. He said that when they get into Chicago he's gonna try and talk to them about a Contract Extension but didn't see it happening
Strikeout King Wrote:he just said on Baseball Tonight that he talked to the Nationals about them picking up his 2012 Option and they declined it so he resigned. He said when a Coach talks to the Front Office about a Contract Extension and they beat around the bush about it, it sounds like the Coach isn't gonna be apart of that teams future and it's best if the Coach and Team part ways. He said that when they get into Chicago he's gonna try and talk to them about a Contract Extension but didn't see it happening
Hell I don't blame them. The team is above .500 for the first time in like 6 years and he wants a extension. Ok. I would give him one, if they finish the season with a winning record. It isn't even the halfway point yet. There is still alot of baseball left and how stupid would they look if they bought the option on him and the team loses 90% of remaining games.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
^ They is true. If I was the Owner/GM I wouldn't
This is ridiculous!! The Nationals are 15-6 in the month of June and have won 11 out of their last 12 games and the man resigns!! I really would like to know his train of thought when he decided to do this!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
I really don't see his motive here. He should have stayed until at least the season was over. No reason in trying to get them to pick up his option
I hated to see this but have to agree with him doing what he did.