Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky Farm Bureau is a Rip Off!
My family has been with kentucky farm bureau for almost 14 years now and the agent told mom almost every year, "your insurance will drop soon". Well it never did. She has been paying 1800$ every 6 months on a 2011 Chevy Cruze Full Coverage, 1999 GMC Liability, And added on a 2001 Camaro the other day for 112$ a month, Liability.

I talked mother into getting some quotes online. Today she switched to Geico.
She no longer insures the GMC So lets knock off 300$ from the bill with KFB. 1800-300=1500 Smile,

Geico gave her full coverage on a 2011 Cruze for 684$ every 6 months. And 211 every 6 months adding my Camaro. 36$ a month for insurance on my camaro, Is a big savings for me.

WOW! How big of a ripoff is our "Hometown" companies doing to us.
I've checked them all, and KFB is cheaper than any, by at least 1/2.
Wildcat, are you getting the same amount of coverage on each?
They all are!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
I had coverage for 25 years with Kentucky Farm Bureau until my teenage son had an accident. They found out I had 2 other children that would be soon reaching driving age and due to the accident they kept raising my rates until I could not afford the insurance. I wrote the Kentucky Insurance administrator and they said the raising of my rates was perfectly legal and pretty much tough shit. Remember I paid premiums for 25 years. Shop around and you will find better rates. Now that my children have grown up they want me back as a customer; it felt good telling Kentucky Farm Bureau, Tough Shit; I don't need you.
The Installer Wrote:I had coverage for 25 years with Kentucky Farm Bureau until my teenage son had an accident. They found out I had 2 other children that would be soon reaching driving age and due to the accident they kept raising my rates until I could not afford the insurance. I wrote the Kentucky Insurance administrator and they said the raising of my rates was perfectly legal and pretty much tough shit. Remember I paid premiums for 25 years. Shop around and you will find better rates. Now that my children have grown up they want me back as a customer; it felt good telling Kentucky Farm Bureau, Tough Shit; I don't need you.

Same feeling. My parents will be saving loads of money. I will as well.

And the coverage is better with geico.
TheRealVille Wrote:I've checked them all, and KFB is cheaper than any, by at least 1/2.

Well idk where u checked at. I checked geico and progressive. And they was both extremely cheaper.
Jeez Wildkat, lol..1800 every six months for a Cruze? I pay $274 a month (which is a little less than $1800/6 months) full coverage COMBINED at KFB for a Z06 Vette and a V8 F150 4x4.. lol..maybe they just dont like you Big Grin

I do get my Harley insurance from Progressive though ($40/mo.)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KFB - 280 every 3 months for Liability on a Taurus and a Mustang.
375 a year for homeowners insurance.
They do sucker you with that $25 "membership" fee.
We had KFB in our home county(for about 1 day) and the agent tried to cornhole me on house ins. We had our vehicle insurance thru Morgan co farm bureau bcause at the time I picked it up I had a partial residence down there for work..
I bought property from family, they had insurance at prestonsburg KFB. The same property, literally one minute to the next. The agent quoted me a price more than double what my brother in law was paying..I had to take it that day so I did. next day I called my agent in Morgan county and added my home insurance to my auto insurance. payments dropped by $80 per month..
It may differ from office to office. Our insurance has dropped several times..
I've had FB since I was 18. Now I just turned 23 and I still can't beat them.