Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mercer County 13 - Boyd County 3 (5 innings) (State Tournament)
Final in 5

Mercer County will play North Oldham Thursday at 6:00 pm

It was 11-0 Mercer after 3
WOW!

A LOT of Mercy Games this year!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
13-16 region=laid an egg
Yes they did.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Looks like Letcher Central is the only team out of the old 13-16 region group that was not mercied, and a lot of that may be due to their opening round opponent. I think you can expect a lot of first round mercy games every year. A lot of this is due to the new 16 team format. In the past a lot of the weaker teams would have been weeded out in the old semi-state 3 game series format before they ever reached the state tournament.
Bob Seger Wrote:Looks like Letcher Central is the only team out of the old 13-16 region group that was not mercied, and a lot of that may be due to their opening round opponent. I think you can expect a lot of first round mercy games every year. A lot of this is due to the new 16 team format. In the past a lot of the weaker teams would have been weeded out in the old semi-state 3 game series format before they ever reached the state tournament.
Very true, BUT I still like this format better. Much more in keeping with the Kentucky tradition of regional winners making state. Semi-state format was okay, but I was not a big fan of it.
Congrats to the the Titans. Best of luck in the next round.
D IT UP Wrote:13-16 region=laid an egg

OffTheHook Wrote:Yes they did.

What would you attribute it to?