Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rowan County Open
Rowan County coach Shadon Brown resigned this morning, leaving the door open on a team on the rise with a really good QB next season.
What was the reason behind this?
Was Shadon Brown a teacher at Rowan County? I'm not trying to start anything, but the timing of his resignation makes me think that the school didn't renew his teaching contract. I could be wrong, and hopefully i am, but thats what i think
What!? He had RC going in the right direction! I'm shocked by this.
^ :Thumbs:

I thought he was doing an Excellent job at Rowan
Strikeout King Wrote:^ :Thumbs:

I thought he was doing an Excellent job at Rowan

he was doing an excellent job, and Rowan County will be a pretty good team season. it just seems odd that he would leave now
^ That's what I'm wondering. Maybe another Job?
Read on another site that Wing isn't playing football next year
^ just a guess
Saw posted on another forum he was to be DB coach at Wofford College
Wing is working out in the weight room with the team and was voted as one of the team captains this week.

Rumor has it that Kyle Singleton, the current assistant head coach, will take over as head coach.
Wing is playing football next season, no reason to start rumors, but Brown is taking an asst job at Wofford, which is a very good 1-AA team (FCS). You cant blame the guy, he is a good job who is on the rise.

Rowan County is loaded next season though
^ I didn't think he wouldn't play football.
This would be a good job to have with them on the rise
toussaints Wrote:Was Shadon Brown a teacher at Rowan County? I'm not trying to start anything, but the timing of his resignation makes me think that the school didn't renew his teaching contract. I could be wrong, and hopefully i am, but thats what i think

Lol...Brown is going back to the college ranks. He will be the corners coach at Wofford College D-1AA program in South Carolina. Sorry, your guess was wrong.
STATE CHAMP Wrote:Lol...Brown is going back to the college ranks. He will be the corners coach at Wofford College D-1AA program in South Carolina. Sorry, your guess was wrong.

lol im happy my guess was wrong, Wofford is one of the top FCS (Div.1 AA) programs in the country. good luck coach brown and congrats
The Rowan job is not open. Coach Brown was offered the opportunity to get back to college coaching at a great program in Wofford.

Monday their will be a press conference to announce the new Head coach, no need to apply or start guessing.

He is departing on the best of terms with the players, coaches and the community.

Coach Brown developed a program here and it will continue without missing a beat.

Rowan will put the best team in school history on the field this year.
Adam Wing is playing football next year , crazy to think otherwise. He is getting better everyday. He Works harder than any kid on the team. He is surrounded this year with a ton of speed, talent and maybe the deepest O line in the area.

Basketball talk is over, he is focused on one thing, a state title in football.

It would not shock me to see him get offers from SEC schools next year in football.
Brown was a finalist for one of the Madison county jobs last year so he has been looking around. Isnt Mike Ayers from georgetown college the wofford coach?
VikingFan Wrote:Adam Wing is playing football next year , crazy to think otherwise. He is getting better everyday. He Works harder than any kid on the team. He is surrounded this year with a ton of speed, talent and maybe the deepest O line in the area.

Basketball talk is over, he is focused on one thing, a state title in football.

It would not shock me to see him get offers from SEC schools next year in football.

Did Wing back out on Marshal to play basketball for Oklahoma State and Travis Ford? If this is true, then does he play football or focus all his time and energy on basketball since he has a D1 ride? The kid is great both on and off the field and deserves good things, but I do think SEC might be a stretch. If he comes out this year and sets the world on fire without Cross, then he deserves a look.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:Did Wing back out on Marshal to play basketball for Oklahoma State and Travis Ford? If this is true, then does he play football or focus all his time and energy on basketball since he has a D1 ride? The kid is great both on and off the field and deserves good things, but I do think SEC might be a stretch. If he comes out this year and sets the world on fire without Cross, then he deserves a look.

what do you mean he deserves a look, he was already committed to play football in college once. The look was a long time ago, his stock will just rise in both.
The Iceboxx Wrote:what do you mean he deserves a look, he was already committed to play football in college once. The look was a long time ago, his stock will just rise in both.

SEC look. Not knockin him at all.
VikingFan Wrote:The Rowan job is not open. Coach Brown was offered the opportunity to get back to college coaching at a great program in Wofford.

Monday their will be a press conference to announce the new Head coach, no need to apply or start guessing.

He is departing on the best of terms with the players, coaches and the community.

Coach Brown developed a program here and it will continue without missing a beat. Rowan will put the best team in school history on the field this year.

Not so sure about that. Shadon Brown was a guy that had a way of getting kids to play for him, and do it with discipline. Not everybody can do that. May not miss a beat next year, but the program will decline some IMO.
I agree with HD28.
If who I think is promoted from within the program to head coach, it will hardly miss a beat. The players will be in all the way.
It will be a promotion from within, and IMO there will be a decline in the program after next year. This new guy may know his football but I doubt he can get the kids to buy in and play for him like Coach Brown did. JMO.
Kyle Singleton was named interim head coach today. He came to the program in 2008 with coach Brown as the assistant head coach, offensive coordinator and OL coach.
The position must be posted for 30 days, after which, he should named as the head coach.
Rowan will be loaded, no doubt. Tremendous qb returning, alot of speed with Williamson and Hodge. It will be hard-pressed to replace Cross though. He was their game breaker. Cody Wallace is a huge loss too. Rowan will be good and Wing will be the best qb in the region. "BUT" replacing Cross and Wallace will be a huge task.
Rowan County will have no trouble scoring