Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset 10 West Jessamine 2 (12th Region Semifinals)
The Jumpers looked poised to take the 12th with this impressive win!
Somerset senior Ben Purcell pitched 6 strong innings for the win, as fellow seniors Erik Manning and JP Henderlight hit HRs #45 and #46 for the Briar Jumpers.

Somerset will face Mercer Co. in the 12th Region finals, tomorrow night at Southwestern High School, 8PM
Yeah, it should be a great championship game tomorrow. I'm surprised Somerset won by that big of a margin.
GetChili Wrote:Yeah, it should be a great championship game tomorrow. I'm surprised Somerset won by that big of a margin.

Actually Somerset defeated West Jessamine earlier this season by an identical 10-2 score.
Norm Peterson Wrote:Actually Somerset defeated West Jessamine earlier this season by an identical 10-2 score.
This score was eye opening to me too. Not because Somerset shouldn't have beat West like this, but because of the post season success that they have had recently along with Somerset's struggles. Glad to see the Jumpers win. Always have good games with them when they play the Tigers!
Norm Peterson Wrote:Actually Somerset defeated West Jessamine earlier this season by an identical 10-2 score.

Good point. But I figured that West would play them much better last night. But Somerset has been hitting the ball really well lately.

Tonight's championship game features Mercer Co. and Somerset - two teams that have been hitting the ball really, really well. In their first two games of the region tourney, the Titans have managed to score a combined 33 runs. Somerset, meanwhile, has scored a fair share of runs themselves. The Jumpers downed Mercer Co. 6-0 in their only meeting this season.